Author Topic: Beam Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher Material  (Read 2817 times)

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
    • View Profile
Beam Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher Material
« on: July 25, 2007, 11:44:08 AM »
After I wrap up construction on this SD WZC I am working on for my GF, I plan on doing a basic kit which would be a bit more challenging than the SD WZC (I am kind of doing a kit by kit re-entry into Gunpla). The kit decision came in the form of the HGUC RX-78-2. Great little kit, simple, but has some nice add ons. The only problem I have with it, is the weapons. They just seem so cheese-a-rific, so I thought I would do the AEUG Beam Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher attachment, but with the Rifle and Bazooka featured in the Rx-78-2 kit.

What I am asking for is something along the lines of In-Progs or even a Step-by-Step guide to making the AEUG Rifle/Launcher. I have looked around a lot of sites, and have searched the forums, but all I can find are completed photos. I have saved some, as well as the 2D computer line art that is in the MG Manuals for the MK II and RX-78-2.

Thanks for your help on the matter.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fichtenfoo.com
Re: Beam Rifle w/ Grenade Launcher Material
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 11:48:41 AM »
That's going to be one of those projects where you'll just have to perhaps print out the pics from the manual (dalong.net) and use them as a size reference for doing it yourself. Use metal or plastic rod and tubing, sheet styrene, etc... Looking at other scratchbuilds will help you get the basics.
Rust is beautiful.

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:11:11 PM »
That's going to be one of those projects where you'll just have to perhaps print out the pics from the manual (dalong.net) and use them as a size reference for doing it yourself. Use metal or plastic rod and tubing, sheet styrene, etc... Looking at other scratchbuilds will help you get the basics.

I know the basics of scratch building, it is just how am I going to attach the Launcher and make the whole thing look symmetrical is what is bugging me. Of course the last resort in all this was if no other material could be found, I would have to just print the scans I found and just start sketching.

Thanks for your input Fichten.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 12:30:19 PM »
Well, Ako makes a grenage launcher for that gun. Check his thread in the Cap Corner.
Rust is beautiful.

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • FFF Staff
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 12:37:41 PM »
... And let's not forget about these offerings from mechaskunk.  :pirate:
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »
Forgot that Fulcy had these. Exactly what you want.

http://www.mechaskunk.com/images/shop/cp0401.jpg
Rust is beautiful.

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 01:19:01 PM »
Thank you for your assistance, but alas, those are 1/100 scale rifles. I am building the 1/144 HGUC RX-78-2. And even if I could find a 1/144, it would throw off the whole scheme of the classic Gundam, wouldn't you think? My whole plan is to make the AEUG STYLE Rifle/Launcher, but with the HGUC Gundam weapons.

And the Launcher AKO makes is for the AEUG Rifle, not the original 0079 Gundam/GM beam rifle. Maybe I didn't go into thorough detail in my initial post.