Author Topic: Cargo Straps and Seatbelts  (Read 1989 times)

July 04, 2007, 11:11:17 AM
Read 1989 times

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
First off, I want to avoid lead foil. That being said, what are some good products for making cargo straps or seatbelts? I've heard medical tape. Any particular brand? Andything else that might have a texture and that I can avoid a lot of painting of? I need (want) straps for my Hovertruck stowage.

Thanks!

July 04, 2007, 03:31:41 PM
Reply #1

maxwinamp

• Information
    • View Profile
How about thin brass plates? I bought a pack from my local armour modelling shop.

Comes in thickness of 0.05mm, 0.075mm, 0.1mm.

July 04, 2007, 04:17:49 PM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Those would work, but remember, I wanna avoid painting metals as when I'm using lead foil I tend to chip off the paint. Certain tapes would be easier to paint as it wouldn't necessarily chip if soaked in. Plus it's sticky. That's really what I want. LOL! All about laziness I guess.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 04:18:04 PM by FichtenFoo »

July 04, 2007, 04:52:52 PM
Reply #3

maxwinamp

• Information
    • View Profile
Another item I have tried is using Tamiya Masking Tape folded in half (the sticky sides together) and then cut to length. But they do need folding and pressing to conform as they are 'springy'.  :meh:

July 05, 2007, 12:38:52 AM
Reply #4

braxat2000

• Information
    • View Profile
A nice method I saw in Osprey modelling manual for Waffen SS figures: cut strips of paper, and brush superglue on them. They will harden and can be used for straps. You can also detail them with wire or get a PE set of buckles from ABER or Eduard. I have the Aber set, and it is very nice, although the pieces are too small.