Author Topic: GB4 References  (Read 9270 times)

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fichtenfoo.com
Re: GB4 References
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 11:28:28 AM »
My Daniel Simon book came today. AWESOME! It's a lot of the same vehicles and sketches that are on the site, but a bunch of new material (to me at least) as well. The blending of the real life people and his 3D designs is amazing. I can't recommend this as a reference book enough. GO BUY IT!
Rust is beautiful.

spiffitz

• I break stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 08:47:12 PM »
I got the Daniel Simon book last week, pretty good read. I'm not sure I like his "shiny everything" approach to rendering. The "damage" and weathering seem like they were added as an afterthought, and even they are shiny! Paint chips under the clearcoat?

Anyway, this was supposed to be a Wipeout question post. What is the technology that the ships supposedly use to keep them floating? Is it the track that keeps them levitated, sort of a Maglev-type setup? I own Wipeout XL and Wipeout Fusion; I don't believe either one explained the technology. The "anti gravity racing" description isn't exactly obvious since you fall to your doom when you fly off the track.

I've got two entries - can we post more than one?

Ron

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2008, 04:17:03 AM »
I posted up two... (like a dummy). Nothing was ever said about mine so go for it. Maybe I can get my second finished.
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 10:53:42 AM »
Anyway, this was supposed to be a Wipeout question post. What is the technology that the ships supposedly use to keep them floating? Is it the track that keeps them levitated, sort of a Maglev-type setup? I own Wipeout XL and Wipeout Fusion; I don't believe either one explained the technology.

I believe it's maglev, but I've been doing some searching around through old manuals and haven't found anything to explain it. Check your Wipeout Fusion manual (I can't--I'm at work) and see what it says for the description of the Grav Stinger and the Gravity Bomb. Maybe it says exactly what technology those weapons couteract.

If it's not maglev, then they probably found some way in the future to channel the cow farts that are destroying the ozone layer.
 :lol: :razz:
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers