Author Topic: My Workshop (and yours)  (Read 54920 times)

deathworld_Dragon

• Mr. Hobby Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Bakuc profile and gallery
Re: My Workshop (and yours)
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2008, 01:27:30 AM »
G'day guys...

After seeing your huge work benches I thought I would post my little mess hole in the home studio were my mother works as a professional artist. I am quite great full to have a small desk and cupboard and it is a lot more then what some of my friends have. This picture is over a year old and doesn't include extra tools I collected and air brush booth in the wooden shelf. Hopes it interests you guys...

"It looks like a Gundam..."
    "Only real men pilots Zakus..."

Gr8one

• I just might have something to show you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2008, 06:41:24 AM »
Here is my little work place I built up... Now if I can just find the time to work on something. :(
The Great ONES!!! SAUL ALVAREZ and Dan Cope

shenphong

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »
Thought I might add mine as well, just moved and finally got things somewhat situated.  Still need lots of cleanup and missing bits here and there but definitely glad to have this room all to myself.  It will be a room I can call my own (which I haven't been able to do in 5 years)

Sticky Fingers

• Frankensteiner
  • Stickier than thou
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2008, 12:02:04 PM »

Da crib...
"Hang on a minute, lads, I've got a great idea!"

new2figures

• New Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2010, 09:41:28 PM »
Not a forum regular but I love workbench threads so I thought I would jump in.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fichtenfoo.com
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 09:23:18 AM »
Wow... someone likes cars! :lol: Big collections!
Rust is beautiful.

new2figures

• New Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2010, 05:04:22 AM »
I do have 1 Gundam as well.  :D

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »
Where did you get your work bench ? I'm relatively new to my city and I don't know where to pick up stuff like that. The design is what I like to use.
This is a cool thread by the way, I got some great ideas for my work area. I'll post some pics of my current one tomorrow.
Throw it Hard

new2figures

• New Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 08:31:01 PM »
Got it at Sam's Club. Probably about 15 years ago. I"m sure you can still get one, it's just a Gorilla Rack work desk. Came with a sliding draw also that was under the work area but my knees didn't fit under the desk so I ditched it.

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 12:18:23 AM »
Cool, thanks. I'll be looking out for one.  Since this thread has given me such great ideas, I'll participate in the fun.
This is my model station. Photos start at the paint area. I generally work construction to painting left to right and I wish it was in a house and not apt. but for now it's pretty decent. I included the un built model closet just for fun.
Good times.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 03:13:45 PM by Grail »
Throw it Hard

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 04:47:22 AM »
Here is my area along with my stash of kits, not including the few PG's and MG's I have in my office.

You can see my Astray Blue frame all skewered up here.

My G-System collection just the 1/72 - 1/48 stuff

A bunch of SMS conversions as well as a few of their full kits.  If you have never tried one I would give them a try.  Some of the best casting in the biz.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:49:56 AM by mvm3897 »
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

wreeper007

• View Profile
    • http://1000words-photography.com
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »
Thread Necromancy!

Last post 03/10/10, wow.

Anyway, I finally have my mancave in my new house pretty much finished, so I figured why not photos.

I'm a photographer, but I'm lazy and didn't feel like getting the real gear out of the car. The iPhone isn't half bad though.

This is the view from inside the house. The balcony overlooks the living room, and allows me to work yet still interact with the girlfriend.

View form the doorway.

Couch (blocking the closet door) and workbench. The couch fit with our design ideas and can be used as a bed (far from comfortable, but better than floor). The girlfriend also uses it as a reading nook. This works out great because she can do her stuff, I do mine, we don't get in each other's way yet are still near. Plus, she has an interest in model building and painting, so she doesn't mind the hobby at all.

Temporary computer desk, book case, misc storage/camera chargers. I'm a marketing director by day and a photographer on the weekends, so I spend a ton of time in front of the iMac (for those interested, 27", 2.8 ghz i7 quad core+quad virtualized, 8 gigs, 1 tb+4tb external). Also great for netflixing from the workbench.

Now the actual workbench. I am kinda OCD about organizing my stuff, hence all the drawers. I am just now getting back into the hobby of gundam's and armor, when I moved back home from college and got a smaller apartment, I didn't have the space for that kind of building anymore. I did pick up building (and playing, kinda) 40k. There are several unfinished kits and a bunch of citadel paints in the drawers on top, along with commonly needed tools (sanding sticks, putty, etc). The drawer thing below houses the not as often used supplies (metal and plastic scraps, parts holders, tamiya paint storage). The shelving thing on the left has my sorted 40k bits, my Tau army, the girlfriend's model building kit and my basing supplies.

Better look at the bench top drawers.

My on hand tools and supplies. Got this from walmart in the office supply section.

And the stash photos. Just about every single one of these kits is at some stage of building. But, thats normal right?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:43:12 PM by wreeper007 »

MGmodeler

• View Profile
    • MGmodeler
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2012, 09:58:45 AM »
Nice clean and well organized work area wreeper007 !

My building areas are the coffee table in fornt of the TV in the Family room and the dinette table beside the kitchen  :wacko:  Keeps me close wo where all the action is...  All my tools are in a fishing tackle box rigt now and my airbrushing station is in the washroom.

I'm thinking of moving to a new house just so I can have my own room to spray and another room to build @^%#$!&%^@ :twitch:

Ezechiel

• Le Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »
Nice, I wish I had this much space :D
(>:3) JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR!

xHIMx

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2012, 11:45:56 AM »
My workshop is my room or dinning table lol I know it's lame XD i do want to learn how to spray paint my kits but i dont have a spray gun xD i will one day though ^^

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2013, 04:58:59 AM »
This isn't a workshop, since I don't have one right this moment, but I've really had the itch to do some building recently and needed a place to work, that could be put away when I'm done so the herd of four legged furry beasts can't mess with my projects.  So I threw this modeling tray together last night - it's 2' x 2', is three sided for the work area, so projects don't go sliding off of it, and the left and right sides are extended below the modeling surface, so I can use it while sitting on the couch.  Now I just need to dig my tools out of storage...

Shawnwatson

• New Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 12:53:59 AM »
This isn't a workshop, since I don't have one right this moment, but I've really had the itch to do some building recently and needed a place to work, that could be put away when I'm done so the herd of four legged furry beasts can't mess with my projects.  So I threw this modeling tray together last night - it's 2' x 2', is three car accessories sided for the work area, so projects don't go sliding off of it, and the left and right sides are extended below the modeling surface, so I can use it while sitting on the couch.  Now I just need to dig my tools out of storage...

Looks pretty nice. What is the latest updates in your workshop? Have you done tools arrangements? Waiting for reply
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:16:48 PM by Shawnwatson »