Author Topic: Build-Off Ideas and Sign-ups  (Read 31287 times)

May 15, 2008, 07:16:04 PM
Reply #40

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
All my display area pics are here... 4 detolf cabinets from IKEA.

http://fichtenfoo.com/gallery/album38

Wood shelves are full of books and stuff so I can't use them. Plus... dust. :-(

May 16, 2008, 03:49:51 PM
Reply #41

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
Unfortunately for me, I`m not going to be able to take part in this one if it takes off, don`t have enough room in Japan atm to do it justice, and I doubt I`ll have the space when I move back into student digs. I like the idea though, I made myself some modular wargaming bases back in highschool...  Actually, thinking about it, maybe dressing up some of those Bandai action stands...  I have like, 10 of the things, I might see if I can turn them into something.  Modular terrain to plug all the holes for the stands so I can keep repositioning them later... :D 

May 16, 2008, 06:51:45 PM
Reply #42

robofreak

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm working off of Glaug's idea here, but that would be pretty cool to do a Action Base build off. It's a lot smaller and more cost effective than making one super large base. Let's see how many different bases the community can make!

July 11, 2008, 02:26:32 PM
Reply #43

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Zero and I were talking about doing a Rotary Wing Duel or possibly a mini group-build. Rotary wing for those not in the know are Helicopters, Autogyros, and for our sci-fi purposes here types of hovering vehicles (Such as the UC Hardgraph Wappa and HoverTruck or the Unreal Tournament Raptor) that use horizontal fans for lift.

My next kit's gonna be a 1/35 HH-1N Marine/Navy Rescue Huey or 1/35Soviet Mi-24V Hind regardless of the interest in a Build-off/Duel/Mini-GB.

July 11, 2008, 02:39:00 PM
Reply #44

Marc

• Information
  • FFF Staff
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Hmm I've been thinking of doing a Hind (a small one) too, but to modify it to make it look more like the Superhind ( hello sexy http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/5949/1214933705987mr8.jpg ) and more scifi-ish.

A V-22 Osprey is fine too? I've got a 1/48 from Italieri but the size is a bit daunting.

July 11, 2008, 03:49:28 PM
Reply #45

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Yeah, half the time the Osprey is a Rotary Wing so it's good. That super hind is great! I'm doing the classic style.

July 14, 2008, 12:26:03 PM
Reply #46

spiffitz

• Information
  • I break stuff
    • View Profile
For years I've been wanting build that dual-rotor heli that came with one of the Revell Robotech kits, I forgot the name, but the heli was for carrying the mech around. I found it in a parts box in my brother-in-law's garage and while the robot is long gone the heli is still in its sealed bags.

I'm still slowly working on my PONG project, which is a hovering vehicle as it is, but the chopper one sounds fun. At least I don't have much scratchbuilding, if any, to do on it.
Ron

July 15, 2008, 07:26:56 PM
Reply #47

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • FFF Staff
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
I'm in. I've got a 1/72 UH-1H I need to get rolling on, plus a 1/72 Kamov Ka-50 that I've been looking for an excuse to get going...
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers