Author Topic: Build-Off and Duel Guidelines  (Read 9019 times)

February 26, 2007, 01:00:49 PM
Read 9019 times

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Build-off and Duel Forum Rules

Welcome to the Build-Off and Duel section of FFF. In this section we will house one-on-one duels (such as Phil and Zero's 'Duel of the Dias') and small build-offs of a single kit. Things that are not large enough to warrant an entire group-build, but interesting enough to have attention called to them.

You will note that only mods and admin can create new threads in this section. This is to prevent abuse of this section and people "calling out" others publicly. Threads will be created by FFF staff and can be replied to by all registered members.

Duel Info and Rules:
Duels are one-on-one builds where two modelers share a single thread and build the same kit. They can do whatever to the kit, but it must be the same base kit. Example: HGUC Rick Dias. Duels must be agreed upon and talked about via PM/email first by the 2 modelers. You must set a "deadline" and personal duel rules for completion (such as 'no OOB') and try to stick to it. Once a duel is agreed upon by the 2 modelers, then both must PM or email me with the details of the duel. The details will be discussed with FFF Staff, then if approved, a new duel thread will be started. Both participants must show progress and final pics in their thread. Finished kits will be eligible for MotM.

Build-Off Info and Rules:
Similar to a Duel, a build-off is like a mini Group-Build where modelers build the same kit, but each build has it's own thread in this forum. A thread has been started for Build-off ideas/sign-ups, but like the duels, build-offs must be approved by FFF staff and have at least 3 participants. Like a group-build, a build-off must be something 'special' to warrant it's existence. A Briegel build-off (our first) is something special, cool, and interesting, where a HGUC Zaku OOB build-off... not so much. Deadlines for a build-off will be decided on on a case-by-case basis, with input or recommendations from the build-off participants. Deadlines help prevent people just shelving their ideas due to ADD or whatever. :wink: Participants must show progress and final pics in their thread. Finished kits will be eligible for MotM.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 12:22:42 PM by zerobxu »

February 26, 2007, 01:20:16 PM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Another thought to these build-offs... If something unexpectedly gets a LOT of active participants, then it might warrant a Group Build and get promoted as such with a forum of it's own.

February 26, 2007, 01:22:37 PM
Reply #2

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • FFF Staff
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
On the other hand, if an idea generates no interest--or, even worse, negative interest--then you can expect to get teased on the playground a lot after lunch.  :razz:
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

February 26, 2007, 02:36:28 PM
Reply #3

tetsujin

• Builder of Zakus
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Scope Eye.net
Here's a question: What about build-offs where the two builders are building different kits?  For instance, JJ building the Monster while Duncan builds the Battroid and Regult.  Your rules as stated require everybody build from the same kit - but it seems like non-symmetrical build-offs might be equally interesting.
---GEC
Jabber ID: tetsujin@scope-eye.net

February 26, 2007, 03:01:27 PM
Reply #4

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Nah... we're going for symmetry here. What will two people do with the same kit?

April 04, 2007, 02:27:30 PM
Reply #5

Lingwendil

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/lingwendil/
I propose a build-off of the FG zaku II! I've got acouple stashed away, there excelent little kits for paint and other practice. Plus, there only like three bucks! Anyone want to duel? :evil:
Pain fades, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.

April 05, 2007, 08:22:50 PM
Reply #6

spiffitz

• Information
  • I break stuff
    • View Profile
I propose a build-off of the FG zaku II! I've got acouple stashed away, there excelent little kits for paint and other practice. Plus, there only like three bucks! Anyone want to duel? :evil:
Is that the same one that came in the "RX 78(?) vs. Zaku" kit?
Ron

April 10, 2007, 04:12:29 AM
Reply #7

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • FFF Staff
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
Is that the same one that came in the "RX 78(?) vs. Zaku" kit?
Are you talking about the 1:144 set from 08th MS Team? If so, the answer is "no". He's talking about this kit. Like the description says, they're molded in single color, and the joints are plastic-on-plastic, but they were great to practice painting & weathering on.
-The Wright Brothers

March 06, 2008, 12:06:03 PM
Reply #8

spiffitz

• Information
  • I break stuff
    • View Profile
FF, the link in the original post does not work. Is it supposed to link to this one?
Ron

March 06, 2008, 12:23:31 PM
Reply #9

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • FFF Staff
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
FF, the link in the original post does not work. Is it supposed to link to this one?

Good catch--this was created before the transition was made over to new board software. The link in the original post is updated and should be working now.

EDIT: Karma +1 for spiffitz for not only catching the problem, but giving the solution.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 12:25:27 PM by zerobxu »
-The Wright Brothers