Author Topic: KKKKK Progress Report  (Read 17075 times)

February 24, 2007, 12:02:54 PM
Read 17075 times

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
So with only 4 or so months left in the competition, I wanted to see where everyone is. There's a lot of sign-ups, but not a lot of in-prog pages (a requirement for the comp). Post where you're at with your build, even if you haven't started an in-prog.

As for me and my non-entry... my Kampfer is just waiting on the K-Racks and hands from Fulcy. Aside from that it's ready for primer and paint.

February 24, 2007, 02:31:30 PM
Reply #1

Red Comet

• Whaa?!?!
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • The Ghost of Zeon
I'm up to the point where I'm starting the colors of one of the kits that I'm using in the dio with the Kampfer. I've got pictures done but haven't got around to editing them and posting them up yet.

February 24, 2007, 02:39:50 PM
Reply #2

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
I'm done.   :razz:

Might start a second one soon. I have an extra kampfer in the closet.

February 24, 2007, 05:26:22 PM
Reply #3

Zoccoli

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm still in the design phase, but I stripped the old paint off of one of my two Kampfers. I'll probably build and paint at least the frames next week. I'll post a thread once I've finalized the design.

February 24, 2007, 08:04:28 PM
Reply #4

RoboSmurf

• Information
    • View Profile
Im painting minitures for a tourney in March. That puts the Kampfer on hold.

Im also waiting on option parts from Japan. I think Im pretty happy with the design of the backpack that I want to construct and may beable to start mocking it up over the next few weeks, especially with springbreak coming up.

February 24, 2007, 09:26:07 PM
Reply #5

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Thought I had longer  :shock: *gets the hell back to work*

February 24, 2007, 10:23:08 PM
Reply #6

spiffitz

• Information
  • I break stuff
    • View Profile
I've changed plans a few times, then finally got some courage and took the razor saw to it. Just haven't had the chance to photograph it.
Ron

February 26, 2007, 02:09:20 AM
Reply #7

orange

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://toymaker-inc.blogspot.com/
Ah, i'm still thinking what sort of customization I'm going to attempt.

Will post soon!   :D

February 26, 2007, 02:50:37 AM
Reply #8

Trooper Cooper

• Information
    • View Profile
As my in-prog thread shows, my customisations are nearly complete and much of the painting is already done. Soon the carriage frame will be completed and once that is done, I will be able to get on with painting that and weathering the hell out of it. It'll be one mucky desert puppy once it's done :)

February 26, 2007, 04:21:14 PM
Reply #9

xamel1975

• W.I.P always!
  • Information
    • View Profile
I'm still in customization stage. I still need to scratchbuild/modify the feet since I plan to have an angular shaped feet,

If all goes according to plan, I'm hoping to start painting at the end of March.
Super-callous-fragile-mystic-hexed-by-halitosis! Um diddle diddle um diddle ay!

February 26, 2007, 04:34:24 PM
Reply #10

Captain Obvious

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
Just got the new parts I need, have finished design and color planning, and have just started cutting into it.  At this point I have little hope of finishing it in time if my last project is any indication.  I haven't given up hope though.  There's a lot on my plate now, work, kids, and my bands going into the studio, but I should have a WIP thread up by the weekend after next.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
-Kurt Vonnegut

February 26, 2007, 07:14:33 PM
Reply #11

maxwinamp

• Information
    • View Profile
I have just finished cutting up all the pieces from the spruce and snap build them together.
Now is to visualised what I can come up with. :)

February 27, 2007, 05:07:27 PM
Reply #12

Fallen

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://sky-reaction.net
Still working out some of the details, though classes and homework (and a bit of FFXII and WoW) had me busy for a bit, I'm on top of things now and have the all important Spring Break (read: A week with nothing to do) coming up soon.

March 02, 2007, 01:33:57 PM
Reply #13

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Cool... glad to hear you guys are at least thinking about it. Anyone else gonna report? There's like 30-40 entrants! 8)

March 02, 2007, 03:43:36 PM
Reply #14

donovan

• Information
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblog
I've got my color scheme down and posted on the wall for encouragement. I have also snapped the kit together to aid in the color scheme and try to think up mods. I've primed and painted most of the pieces. I'm currently working on finishing the weapons. My plan was to tease with the weapons and then start showing the progress on the kampfer.

Don't get too excited, I'm entering the light mod or OOB depending on what/if I get from the mechaskunk store and how I see thing shaping up as I'm putting on the finishing touches.

Hope to post some pics and WIP soon,
Donovan

March 03, 2007, 06:47:19 AM
Reply #15

Chibs

• Information
    • View Profile
I know almost exactly what to do with my Kampfer, now only the realisation phase and then on to painting.

March 03, 2007, 04:19:30 PM
Reply #16

dasphule

• Information
    • View Profile
I need to cast up the wings/thrusters, but finding time is proving to be problematic due to the overwhelming pile of work I've got right now. I will finish it, just gotta find the tme to do so....

Erin
<*>

March 05, 2007, 07:22:59 PM
Reply #17

Haseo

• Thread killer ?!?!!?!?
  • Information
    • View Profile
noob here man, every one seems to be in head of me
i need to spray 1 more layer of future then wait for mecha skunks k thrusters ....

yes i know im sad
hmm.. no one ever replys to my posts do i kill threads or something?!?!??!<br />mod edit: yes... yes you do<br />

March 06, 2007, 06:19:04 PM
Reply #18

Malich

• Information
    • View Profile
I got kit, parts, etc...  I just have no time to work on anything at the moment.  Work has picked up 150% so I have time for work with a little bit of work on the side.  :^(

At this moment it doesn't look like I will have anything done for the Kontest, I have to spend two weeks in Bayonne, NJ for work in April.

I will however, when time presents itself, work on my Kampfer Konversion and post pics at that time.

March 07, 2007, 05:44:59 AM
Reply #19

mitchell-mugno

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi.

In a few days I'll post in-progress pics of the Kampfer. Right now is in the separate parts from the sprue and fitting-step.

MVMM