Author Topic: MS-18 NT Kampfer for New Types *Komplete*  (Read 6864 times)

February 09, 2007, 03:57:18 PM
Read 6864 times

RoboSmurf

• Information
    • View Profile
Pardon me if I completely trash any story, but I dont really know to much about the Gundam Universe.

Still gonna build a Kampfer though.

So far I have added some fuel tanks on the back. The small metal on pivots up and down but Im having a hard time figuring out how to make a ball and socket for the large white tanks.

I plan to add some things similar to the Sazabis fin funnel holders where the bazookas go also. And I have another spiked shoulder coming also.

And of course pictures so I dont get yelled at  :roll:

Side

Back 1

Back 2
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 11:47:52 AM by RoboSmurf »

February 09, 2007, 04:27:49 PM
Reply #1

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
For the ball and socket I suggest you look into Wave's MSG parts, there are a few sets of poly cap joints of difference size, might have what you're looking for.

From the picture I would suggest shortening the fuel tanks, the seem a bit long.  Other than that you seem to be making excellent progress.

Quote from: "RoboSmurf"
And of course pictures so I dont get yelled at  :roll:

Please, there's no need to inject sarcasm for following the posting guideline.

July 01, 2007, 11:47:25 AM
Reply #2

RoboSmurf

• Information
    • View Profile
Woopie, I'm done.

Well, I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted too. I added fuel tanks and changed the thrusters on the back as well as adding Mechaskunk parts. The shins had to be rebuild after one disappeared off my desk, probably cats :angry:. I extended most of the thruster positions to show more of the metal too. A few crimp beads were added for some detail and I may go back and add a few more after staring at this guy for a bit. The head was also change, I lessened his brow line and added more of a face.

I felt like I learned a lot too while doing this, it was my first real attempt at a Gundam besides snapping and a little hand painting. Airbrushes are cool.

Here is a link to my gallery.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v321/robosmurf/Kampfer/

July 01, 2007, 01:28:22 PM
Reply #3

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
I like it - though, did you do some modifications to the eye slit?  Looks somewhat...  Different.  In any event, good job - love all the metal bits!

July 01, 2007, 02:27:56 PM
Reply #4

RoboSmurf

• Information
    • View Profile
I sliced of the part that hung down off the forehead, does that make sense? Then I added plasticard to the face to close up the slit. I had to cut off the mount for the mono-eye and flip it over also, to raise up the eye so he wasn't looking through his chin.

July 01, 2007, 05:22:42 PM
Reply #5

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
That makes sense - I just didn't know if it was an optical illusion, or worse yet, maybe I was losing my mind!  ;)

July 17, 2007, 08:41:26 AM
Reply #6

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
(now that it's over I can reply to all the winners... wanted to avoid that before judging)

Not too shabby RS. The paint looks great. The limiting factor on this one is the gun seams. More attention to those would be better. Still nice work though and you can fix those things on the next kit.