Author Topic: FoxBot!  (Read 4669 times)

February 03, 2007, 05:47:27 PM
Read 4669 times

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
Well, I've written and accidentally deleted this twce already (GRRRRRR), so  maybe the third time's a charm.

Here is my Big Surprise Announcement!

I've  seen the banners and threads for the Kompetition (how could I miss them?  :D ), and thought, " 'Ya know, that looks like fun, but I have no IDEA where to get one of those kits."  Then one of those funny "Wait a minute!" moments happened - I remembered that one of the sponsors gave me  some kind of bigass Gundam model as a prize when I won a Gold at WF last year.  When I looked at a photo of the kit you guys are building, something tickeld some of the stray neurons careening around in my old noggin, but I had taken the kit to my studio and added it to my stash.

I remembered that I took a buncha photos of my swag after I got home last spring, so I looked 'em up on my hard drive and lookee what I found!

No, waaaay back there in the back - isn't that the kit you guys are using?

It kinda looks like it, no?

Anyway (file this under more information about Filmy we don't really care about  :roll:  ) you may not know that during football season, I am an Instant Replay official for the NFL.  I mostly work Texans games, but I also travel to other cities and work out of town games, and I work the Playoffs every year as well.  Anyway, I was thinking how I could build my Kamfer, since I am only in it for the fun - I most certainly can't compete with you guys - and I had one of those "Eureka!" flashes:

Why don't I build my own take on the Fox NFL Robot, based on the Kamfer?  I will call him . . .

FoxBot!!

Here's a shot of the , ahem, "real" thing:

And here he is in action, transmorgifying into the Fox logo:

Fox NFL Robot

I am jazzed!  He won't look the same as Fox's version, of course, 'cause I wanna keep the Kamfer thing goin', but I'm gonna do up a helmet, some decals, some cool-ass paint.  This is gonna be awesome!  Hee-hee . . .

Filmy

February 03, 2007, 08:15:03 PM
Reply #1

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
OMG... Here we go!
Great Idea. I really look forward to this and really can't wait to see some of this.
The concept really seems interesting it will be cool to see where you go with this...

February 05, 2007, 07:38:19 PM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Heh... I remember thinking to myself while watching Steelers games that the Foxbot was pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Is the replay official dealie an extension of your film biz?

February 06, 2007, 04:34:54 AM
Reply #3

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
Yeppers.  I was on Jerry Glanville's Houston Oilers staff in 1986-87 and stayed with the team on game days after I left to go to the local NBC affiliate.  Started doing Replay in '88 and continued until the team moved to Tennessee, then went to work for the NFL directly.  We now provide four guys for Texans games, and I do the occasional as well.  I even worked the Steelers/Bengals Wild Card game in Cincy last year as well as the AFC Championship in Denver.  This year I did Seahawks/Cowboys in Seattle (the "field goal" game) and Saints/Iggles in New Orleans.

February 06, 2007, 06:50:45 AM
Reply #4

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Hah, I really like the Idea of a Football K

February 06, 2007, 07:21:21 AM
Reply #5

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Oh I'm excited to see what you are going to modify.  A very interesting concept indeed.  Are you going to keep the shoulder spikes?!  I can't but picture piles and piles of GM's flying away from the charging foxbot K... :lol:

February 06, 2007, 07:49:07 AM
Reply #6

Irk

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pixelgraphics.us
Sweet idea! Can't wait to see what you will do with it.
After doing a quick search, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of referrence pics out there. I found this link  which might help you with seeing the robot in different positions (though it is a bit blurry):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4863435371248582586&q=fox+nfl+robot&hl=en

Good luck!
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever - Anonymous

February 06, 2007, 10:02:29 AM
Reply #7

FilmMkr

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks Irk, but if you check my post above you'll see that I already have that one!   :razz:

February 06, 2007, 10:06:43 AM
Reply #8

Irk

• Information
    • View Profile
Yeah . . . Right . . .How'd I miss that one? :oops: lol

Modeling Fumes must be getting to my head! :lol:

February 08, 2007, 05:49:26 AM
Reply #9

Irk

• Information
    • View Profile
FilmMkr: I thought I would redeem myself for my previous blunder :D
Check out this link - picture is crystal clear:

http://www.blur.com/nfl_on_fox.html

Hope this helps with arm and torso detail.