Author Topic: Raven (MG Sazabi Conversion)  (Read 8291 times)

December 03, 2006, 01:37:05 AM
Read 8291 times

orange

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://toymaker-inc.blogspot.com/
Hi guys! This is my entry for BAKUC 2006. A customized Sazabi I came up with.

Please let me have your opinions.... :)

More pics at my blog.  http://toymakerinc.blogspot.com/

December 03, 2006, 02:52:48 AM
Reply #1

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
Looks really, really nice, like always...  I've seen some of your stuff on CoM, but this is probably the most stunning so far, the customisation's really heavy and really nicely done.  My only question is...  why "Raven", for something that's so orange? o.o;

December 03, 2006, 02:54:34 AM
Reply #2

nico

• Information
    • View Profile
Really nice this is one of my favorite of the show. I love your green one too. May I ask you where did you find the bullet chain for this one.

December 03, 2006, 05:24:58 AM
Reply #3

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
Ah, so you made this guy!  I love it - the mods are awesome, the base looks great, the only thing I can comment on is that some parts of the Sazabi definitely look like they were rushed (around the antenna, and the exhausts on the back pack).  But, those are minor details - amazing, simply amazing!

December 03, 2006, 06:16:41 AM
Reply #4

maxwinamp

• Information
    • View Profile
Very nice works, love the details and such..just wish the organiser for BAKUC have a better and brighter place for it to see the kit.

and

CONGRATS on winning the 2nd Prize!! YEAH!!!  :D

December 03, 2006, 07:03:52 AM
Reply #5

thegreatsze

• Information
    • View Profile
praise from the likes of me must be inconsequential, seeing as how i have just emerged from a not-so-secret probation.

nonetheless, i loved this one piece in particular - was wondering if it was toymakerinc.blogspot.com who was responsible for it, since it was very much in the same style as his green sazabi conversion .. and voila, suspicions confirmed. you have done singaporean modellers proud!

btw, i have a spare verde buster gundam front missile hatch (the one you dropped 26 storeys down ...) .. if you want it, just PM me!

ps. your Legend Gundam is awesome, if you have the time, do regale us on how you painted those little red cannons on the backpack! :P

December 03, 2006, 07:06:48 AM
Reply #6

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile

December 03, 2006, 08:48:19 AM
Reply #7

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Nice builds, I like the Sazabi Lone Wolf that you have on your blog!  :)
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

December 03, 2006, 10:00:30 AM
Reply #8

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Very impressive built and dio in general. Great job on all those details that make the kit really stand up.
Though I kinda think the Saz looks a bit short, i could have seen a length extension of the legs. But it's awesome nonetheless.

December 03, 2006, 11:00:20 AM
Reply #9

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
Awesome amount of detail on this build. I love all the extra panel lines and "holes" all over. Great work!

December 03, 2006, 02:06:20 PM
Reply #10

Chopper Dave

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://chopperdave.minitokyo.net
Thats one good looking Sazabi! Even with a name like "Raven" im digging the orange! ^_^

December 03, 2006, 03:17:15 PM
Reply #11

Pleiades

• Information
    • View Profile
I like it for the details and even more so for its originality. I don't think I have ever seen a similar Sazabi. I might add I am partial to the color orange, so that helps.

December 03, 2006, 11:22:12 PM
Reply #12

U-recca

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • http://www.plamowarriordx.com
Orange,

Just wanted to take a minute and say that your new work  is awesome! Actually when I saw you added a dio/vignette attachment, I was floored! Very good work, sir! Really inspriational to me. Motoo Osumi would be proud! Really harkens back to the old Osumi Mad Dogs use GM's. Remember those?

Those little additions to the Sazabi, and custom weaponry really pushes this work over the edge. Gotta be one of my favorite variations on the Saz.

Best of luck to you in the next compy! :)
http://www.plamowarriordx.com

/!\ Caution: Overuse of these timely and informative news updates can lead to excessive expenditures on hobby products. Use with care to avoid potential financial and/or marital distress!

-Model Graphix

December 04, 2006, 03:56:03 AM
Reply #13

orange

• Information
    • View Profile
Thank guys!

@GlauG - You are right! What the heck was I thinking when I named it Raven?  :mad:

@nico - The bullet chain was actually taken from those 8 inch military action figures.

@fulcy - You are sharp to have spotted those, the antenna actually broke off the night before submission and the exhaust, well let's just say I tend to be lazy at times.   :evil:

@Max - Actually I installed LEDs just for such a situation. But I think I need flood lights instead  :lol:

@thegreatsze - thanks for the compliments, i thought that it was easier to work on the Sazabi since that I have done a similar one before. I got myself another Verde Buster because I do not like the colors I used on the first one. Thanks anyway. As for the "little red cannons" Basically I hand painted those using the paint from the Gundam Marker.

@mrmaigo - thanks!

@clee-cm - Glad that you like my Sazabi Lone Wolf! It's no longer around as it was severely damaged when the shelf of my showcase gave way!     :cry:

@Ezechiel - Thanks for the advice! Sometimes it take another modeler to point out my mistakes and I'm glad i post this.

@mtomczek - Thank!

@ChopperDave - Ok I made a blunder with the Name! lol

@Pleiades - Yup you won't be seeing anything similar and my fav colour is "orange" and it's pretty obvious rite?  :evil:

@U-recca - Yup, I remembered those. I am really a big fan of Motoo Osumi. Hopefully, I can create a few more of those. About the dio, I think its getting a bit stale now since you keep seeing me doing such dios. Man! I need to change!  

Once again, thanks for all your kind comments and I will try to better myself the next time, cheers!   :)

December 04, 2006, 12:48:19 PM
Reply #14

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
This is fantastic orange! I'd love to see you do a Kampfer like this for the Kampfer Kontest. That'd look fantastic!

December 04, 2006, 01:46:49 PM
Reply #15

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
I think everything is fantastic, your Saz Flight Type is really amazing.  I think Osumi-san would be proud of this work.  Really reminded me of "phantom crow" (not sure if I spelt it right) and the guncannon flying type that he did.  I think you got his style dead on.

All the rest of the base and good stuff I won't add more praises.  We all know it's good.  :wink:

December 04, 2006, 08:07:03 PM
Reply #16

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
Very nice job on this . The Saz is one of my favs so this is really kool. Nice twist on the mods.
What did you use for reference pictures. I tried a google search on the modelor and all I could find was the goblin photos( same ones I seen on your blog) :(

I second FOO's comment , you should do a kampfer in this style for the comp! :)

December 04, 2006, 08:49:15 PM
Reply #17

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Okay... I admit that it took me this long to follow the link to all the pics in your blog. Amazing! I mean, the Sazabi looks just incredible by itself, but the scratch-built maintenance yard is really something. I'll be referring to photos of that thing for years. Amazing build. Hard to believe you did that dio in only ten days.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

December 04, 2006, 09:28:36 PM
Reply #18

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
Whoa! Another great build from orange! i like the mods it makes the kit look more intimidating and the color scheme was perfect. :)

December 04, 2006, 09:35:37 PM
Reply #19

orange

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks again guys,

Thanks Major Blah, the Saz Flight Type is what I should have called it. Man, I really made a utter fool of myself this time.   :lol:

And FF, I would love to do one for your Kampfer contest too! I will try to make it... :)

@Zerobxu, I'm really glad that my works could be of reference to you. With practice, you could do this in no time!   :)

@oteebzo - here's the link of most of MOTOO Osumi's works. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ninjascience/tags/motooosumi/

Hope it helps!