Author Topic: Interesting source for detail parts  (Read 2202 times)

braxat2000

• View Profile
Interesting source for detail parts
« on: November 27, 2006, 10:05:42 PM »
Hi,
I'm trying to find detail parts for a model I'm working on, and as I scavenged through my spares box, I looked at Warhammer 40k bits. Some parts look very useful for detailing kits and more, some of the guns and even bits from figures can be very useful.

Guns and weapons look perfectly fine near a 1/35 figure, especially spce marines stuff, as the equipment is exaggurated for the 28mm scale of the Warhammer game. Other parts such as two Predator tank heavy bolter can be easily used as weapons for Gundam or other mecha, and they have nice details and don't require too much work to use.

The disadvantage is that the price of the warhammer kits is high, but you can buy bits and sprues from their kits.

I'll take pictures in the evening and post them to show the parts I mean :).

And a link:

www.games-workshop.com

lekkertakkies

• View Profile
Interesting source for detail parts
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 12:38:41 AM »
I did a comparison once between a space marine and a 1/48 tamiya army figure. They were both around the same height, though the space marine was obviously a lot more bulky.

Another thing that I encountered once was Robogear (by Airfix), they have very intricate surface detail too and their weapons include things like buzz-saws, lasers, missiles, chain guns, etc. The only cons are that there is some minor flash (but nothing that can't be easily fixed) and that the future is uncertain (the Airfix liquidation).

The good thing though is the the price is much less than Warhammer (e.g.a starter pack with 8 vechiles, 24 figures and a base is about $50)

http://www.robogear.co.uk/home/home.aspx