Author Topic: Haruhi Suzumiya done..  (Read 3201 times)

November 10, 2006, 05:50:06 AM
Read 3201 times

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
Well one of the two.  Having stocking issues with one leg on the black version, but once the glue dries, I can continue finishing that kit.  Also adding a little more details to the guitars.  They're missing the selector switches and I'm adding a few other things.  My webhost is having problems so I cannot update my website... so here are some links to a few of the pictures I took earlier this morning.
Haruhi in red 1
Haruhi in red 2
Haruhi in red 3
Haruhi in red 4
Haruhi in red 5

November 10, 2006, 06:34:41 AM
Reply #1

rhanen28

• Information
    • View Profile
wow you are so good in anime models

btw what did you use for the chrome?

November 10, 2006, 06:56:50 AM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Looks nice Gam. The red turned out great as did the guitar and stocking. Nice work.

November 10, 2006, 07:58:12 AM
Reply #3

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
Very nice work Gam. Your figures keep getting better and better.
Keep up the great work. :D  :)

November 10, 2006, 08:03:04 AM
Reply #4

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
I used Alclad II chrome over Finisher's Pure Black.  Then Mr Color Red over the alclad....  

The guitar build was fun.  Still got a few details I'm going to be adding to them like the switches that were missing from the recast.  *sigh*  The stockings were just a pain in the rear.  First time doing them so I actually went through countless sets of stockings.  My workroom now has a sewing machine as part of the landscape.

I guess in hindsight, I should have just sawed off her shoes, it would have made the stocking installation much MUCH easier.  Well, I'll save that for the next figure with stockings or if I ever get my hands on an original for this kit.... For which I will still keep my eyes out for.

November 12, 2006, 12:02:54 AM
Reply #5

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
Ok, I was able to update my website with some pictures.  I finished the other bunny girl.  
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/1_7_haruhis.htm
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/images/haruhi_group%20007_jpg.jpg

MOD EDIT: IMAGES TOO WIDE.

November 12, 2006, 04:53:16 AM
Reply #6

Traks

• Information
    • View Profile
They look awsome GB. The paint job on the suits is phenomenal.

November 26, 2006, 06:20:17 PM
Reply #7

U-recca

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • http://www.plamowarriordx.com
What else could I say!! Great job on this, Gam! From the shiny finish to the fishnets! Just awesome! Also a really funny show!

Congrats on the finished work! 8)
http://www.plamowarriordx.com

/!\ Caution: Overuse of these timely and informative news updates can lead to excessive expenditures on hobby products. Use with care to avoid potential financial and/or marital distress!

-Model Graphix

November 27, 2006, 09:24:58 AM
Reply #8

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
Great Job!!!

I love the red metallic finish, the paints you used for the bunny outfits turned out great. May be you could change the hair color if you decide to do a 3rd Haruhi Suzumiya statue...

Still, Great Job  :D
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

November 27, 2006, 09:38:54 AM
Reply #9

Doctor Seleski

• Do they make that in pink?
  • Information
  • Char!
    • View Profile
Dang, the work on the fishnets alone is amazing!  Then there are the guitars and the girls.  Great job, Gam.  Nice touch with the tattoo too.  8)

November 27, 2006, 11:08:09 AM
Reply #10

Maschinen Krueger

• Information
  • Ma.K Off!
    • View Profile
    • Krueger's Krieger
WOW, great work. It looks like RX gets all the chicks.

The fishnets turned out great. I didn't know how well they would blend into the resin portion, but they are integreted well. The finish is amazing, but I am most impressed with the mixed media integretion.
I wonder about the guy that can sit through a David Lynch movie and say, "I saw that coming."

Krueger's Krieger

November 27, 2006, 12:36:31 PM
Reply #11

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
heh... Cool.. I got replies!  :)  I blame the stupid FF12 for sucking the life out of me right now...

Thanks Kev.  Yeah, if I didn't get pulled into the show, I'm not too sure how much interest I would have had for this kit.  The stockings were a pain in the rear.  In hindsight, I should have just cut the shoes off her legs.

clee, I'm actually trying to acquire a couple of originals.  These crappy recasts are going to be sold at AX or Otakon next year.  I really like how the red came out, so I'll probably do another in the metallic red.  Not sure if I want to build a 4th...possibly keep it for a couple of years and then sell it off as an unbuilt kit.

Nice catch on the Tatt Phil.  I was thinking about hiding it in the ankle, but the stockings would have completely hid it.  Plus with the amount of slipping on and off the tens of stockings I had, the poor tatt would not have faired too well.

Mr G3 is the pimp...  I really need to scratch up a purple feathered hat and possibly a big fur coat... turn the beam saber upside down and add a little flashy knob to the end for use as a cane.  I was a little skeptical about the scale of the fishnets with the resin figure, but I think it's passable.  I had thought about painting the legs black, then slipping the stockings on and then painting on the flesh tones.  Not sure how well that would work, but I do like the added three dimensional texture the stockings add.

Note to self, need to buy more of the bloody material.  I ended up going through alot of the material I bought just for the trial and error phase of getting the stockings to work.

November 27, 2006, 01:05:11 PM
Reply #12

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Great... now all I can think about is "A Pimp Named Slickback". :roll:  :lol:

December 05, 2006, 01:45:49 PM
Reply #13

braxat2000

• Information
    • View Profile
Wonderful, just beautiful.

I love the skin tones, I love the painting.

Great job  :D

December 10, 2006, 09:09:37 PM
Reply #14

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Okay, so I'm lame and this is really late, but congrats on taking model of the month, Clem! Well deserved!

I'm impressed that each Haruhi seems to have a slightly different skin and hair tone to match their outfit, not to mention the ton of work you put into these two. Good effort! 8)
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010