Author Topic: 1/144th Aircraft carrier?  (Read 2344 times)

October 12, 2006, 11:54:50 AM
Read 2344 times

Vinny

• Information
    • View Profile
I figured I'd ask this here and not the model help forum, since it's more of a question about if a model exists then a question on help building and painting a model.  If I'm wrong, please feel free to move this!
I got this idea for a diorama of having a GM fighting a Z-Gok or other marine type Mobile Suit on top of an aircraft carrier that's starting to go under.  But, I can't seem to find and 1/144th models of aircraft carriers.  Submarines, yes, but not of carriers.  Do any exist?

October 12, 2006, 12:10:11 PM
Reply #1

Artic Fox

• Information
    • View Profile
they probably do exist, but probably cost an arm and a leg and are exetremely rare most likely

October 12, 2006, 01:35:08 PM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
You do realize how large that would be right? A 1000 foot long carrier would be 6.97 feet long in 1/144 scale. This sounds like one of them "pipe dream" projects what will never happen.

October 12, 2006, 03:29:14 PM
Reply #3

tetsujin

• Builder of Zakus
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Scope Eye.net
Best bet, probably, is to make a big flat base, paint and detail it like a carrier deck, and tilt it...  You could even add aircraft, if you like.  Like FF said, the whole carrier would be too big...
---GEC
Jabber ID: tetsujin@scope-eye.net

October 12, 2006, 08:11:03 PM
Reply #4

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Don't be afraid to make use of the tools available to you--both inside and outside this site. In a case like this, Google, Froogle, and eBay are going to quickly answer your question regarding whether or not such a kit exists. I did a Google on "aircraft carrier" 144--and several other related searches, and it looks like there's been a couple scratch-builds, but (as one would expect from the size of it) no commercial kit is available.

Even if you strongly suspect that someone around here will be able to answer a question in thirty seconds, you're going to get a lot more respect if you show that you're willing to do your own research. In this case, if you can't find a 1:144 aircraft carrier--after making use of all the tools available to you, then no one else will likely be able to find it, either.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers