Author Topic: Question about the liquid cement stuff for seams  (Read 2072 times)

Vinny

• View Profile
Question about the liquid cement stuff for seams
« on: October 09, 2006, 12:17:21 AM »
I'm using some Ambroid Proweld stuff I bought at the local hobby store.  It was cheap, and as an added bonus, it apparently causes cancer.  Anyways, it has a brush, so I'm guessing it's pretty much the same stuff as the Tamiya brand shown in the walkthrough.
I know I'm supposed to apply it to both sides of the part, then squeeze them together.  My question is how long do I have after applying to squeeze the parts together?  I'm worried that on big parts, like the big leg pieces on an HGUC, that by the time I get the stuff on both halves, it'll dry up and when I squeeze the pieces together, notings going to happen because I was too slow.
I'd also like to thank everyone that's helped me so far on my model ^_^.  I always get quick responses here and it's been very helpful on my first fully painted model.  The models really been a testin ground for me, but I'd still like it to come out somewhat decent.  Thanks again!

pu_rplecow

• View Profile
    • http://www.thiscowispurple.com/
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 12:32:39 AM »
Usually I apply on both sides then just moosh them together almost straight away. Don't worry about it drying, usually it doesn't look wet on the plastic after a while cos its dried and also been eating into the plastic. When you push it together, it'll stick.. If it doesn't, then just take it out and apply somemore - nothing irreversible.
www.thiscowispurple.com
I'm trying to decrease my talk : model ratio.
Less talk more model!

fredpekker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 03:01:42 AM »
Put your parts together, leaving a small gap. Put a generous amount on the brush and run the brush down the gap. That should give you plenty of time to smoosh it together.

mennie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 03:34:45 AM »
I have an alternate method. Using super glue for gap is very easy. Using toothpick to dip a small amount of super glue and tip in the line of seam or gap then use file or sandpaper with lower number (320 is good) to sand it after it dry. Apply the 600 or 800 sandpaper after that. All operation should be done in 10-15 min.

http://www.gundamsite7.com/webboard/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=129#873