Author Topic: Model of the Month!  (Read 16366 times)

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fichtenfoo.com
Model of the Month!
« on: September 06, 2006, 12:00:05 PM »
We decided to have a friendly little monthly contest here at FFF as a way to promote the hobby and inspire you guys to pump out some more great work. How does this little contest work?

At the end of each month, the FFF staff will each choose one model that was posted as complete during that month as the one they consider the best of the month. Then we'll tally up the votes and whoever wins gets their model featured on the forum homepage (by the "who is online" info) with a link to their topic and/or website.

In the event of any ties for first, we'll take the tied winners and revote on only those entries till we get a winner.

So if that wasn't fun enough, at the end of the year, we'll take the 12 Models of the Month and throw in 2-3 "wildcards" and have a model of the year contest where you'll be able to vote for your favorite.

The Model of the Year will get fame, fortune, women (or men?), an autographed can of Campbells Pork and Beans from ZeroBXU, a scowl from Fulcy and hopefully someone will sponsor some prizes to boot for the top three.

So to enter, do nothing but start a thread during any particular month with your finished kit in the Model Gallery forum complete with GOOD pictures. Can't win if we can't see anything but a blur! All finished kits are eligible for MotM. Must be FFF member in good standing (no probation status) to enter.

Sound like fun? So keep on building and having fun in the process!
Rust is beautiful.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 12:18:37 PM »
One small rule I forgot to post. If your kit has won in a given month, unless everything else is completely crap, you'll be inelligible for the next 4 months. This is to keep Erix from winning everything! ;-)

Staff is also inelligible, but we already know/decided that. :lol:
Rust is beautiful.

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Re: Model of the Month!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 01:02:37 PM »
Quote from: "FichtenFoo"
The Model of the Year will get fame, fortune, women (or men?), an autographed can of Campbells Pork and Beans from ZeroBXU, a scowl from Fulcy and hopefully someone will sponsor some prizes to boot for the top three.

I regret to inform you all that the Campbells Pork & Beans has disappeared under mysterious and gaseous circumstances. I am pleased, however, to bring you the next best thing: one autographed can of "Jalapeno Vienna Sausage" (slightly dusty, and aged for taste). What better way to celebrate an achievement of assembling, painting, and finishing a model project than with a meat product made from only the best parts of chicken, beef, and pork?!?
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

Captain Obvious

• Help Editors
    • View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 01:44:41 PM »
This is a great idea, sounds fun, and gives some deserved recognition to some of the really great builders here.  Now I just have to finish my kit, and wait until all the really good builders have entered their kits, then enter mine the month after that.  :evil:
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
-Kurt Vonnegut

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 02:06:33 PM »
Quote from: "Captain Obvious"
This is a great idea, sounds fun, and gives some deserved recognition to some of the really great builders here.  Now I just have to finish my kit, and wait until all the really good builders have entered their kits, then enter mine the month after that.  :evil:

The flaw is that this is a monthy contest so entering the next month will not necessarily help as great modelers are posting all the time. Time to step-up your game! :lol: A little healthy competition can be a good thing and push you to do better.
Rust is beautiful.

dyowelb

• New Poster
    • View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »
Is this limited to mecha kits only?

Titan-ex

• View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 04:29:43 PM »
I wouldn't think so,it's mainly to promote the Hobby it's self.

Captain Obvious-chances are if you're thinking of letting the other modelers go first,some of them are thinking the same thing.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 04:36:43 PM »
Any kits are eligible. Build them as best you can then post then in the Gallery section. Like I said, it doesn't matter month-to-month what you post. If you wait, you're not likely to do any better. Plus remember that there will be some wildcard slots for "Model of the Year". That means that even if you didn't get a monthly award, you still could have a shot at the yearly.

Really guys, it's just for fun and a way to encourage building and building better. There's no deadlines really. And if you didn't win, try harder next time. Really push yourself and your envelope. That's what it's all about. :D
Rust is beautiful.

oteebzo

• View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 06:36:26 PM »
This is a good idea.
Keep everyone building(hopfully)

I believe this will start to step alot of builders up. We did this when I would do Graffetti.
We would battle all the time and pick a winner, thats how I improved in my drawings and creativity.

Now if I could ever get a kit built in a months time (or even a year) :lol:  I could enter.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 06:47:14 PM »
Don't worry about finishing a kit in a month since there's no deadlines. Just whatever finished kits were posted that month.
Rust is beautiful.

mrmaigo

• View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 06:57:25 PM »
I think there needs to be a seperation between the good people and the REALLY good people :D

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 07:06:02 PM »
Quote from: "mrmaigo"
I think there needs to be a seperation between the good people and the REALLY good people :D

No curves! Hard work and determination!
Rust is beautiful.

Lingwendil

• View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/lingwendil/
Model of the Month!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 02:56:07 PM »
Awesome! When's it start, effective immediately?
Pain fades, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 03:52:47 PM »
One more day for Septembers entries. There are already 26 of them! 8) Results will be posted after tomorrow. :D
Rust is beautiful.

erix93

• View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 11:23:23 PM »
Oops!!! I totally miss this before Funaka mentioned!!!!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

One small rule I forgot to post. If your kit has won in a given month, unless everything else is completely crap, you'll be inelligible for the next 4 months. This is to keep Erix from winning everything! ;-)

Er... Master FF..... the ERIX you mentioned... is not me rite?  :roll: :razz:

mrmaigo

• View Profile
Model of the Month!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 11:24:47 PM »
Well... if you make a better one and its illegible for the month, maybe It can still count for the year?

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
Model of the Month!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 05:39:33 AM »
Quote from: "mrmaigo"
Well... if you make a better one and its illegible for the month, maybe It can still count for the year?

Correct--there will be some "wildcards" which did not receive MotM and will still be in contention for MotY:
we'll take the 12 Models of the Month and throw in 2-3 "wildcards" and have a model of the year contest where you'll be able to vote for your favorite.

:D
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

Joa

• Cats make me smile
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 01:54:17 PM »
Did the MOTM event die with the new Year? ^^

FichtenFoo

• Model On!
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »
No... just been lazy and the MotY took up a lot of the time/effort. I'll get the MotM winner up soon.
Rust is beautiful.

FilmMkr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »
ANd when are you going to announce Luca's inevitable win for Model of the Year?   8)