Author Topic: Otakon 2006  (Read 2442 times)

July 24, 2006, 12:50:03 PM
Read 2442 times

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
Anyone, anyone?  Bueller?  Frye?

http://www.otakon.com/default2.asp

Two weeks out... I'll be out there.  Holla if you're going.

July 25, 2006, 04:17:55 AM
Reply #1

Traks

• Information
    • View Profile
I shall be there. I've been going for the past three years with my daughter.

July 27, 2006, 12:37:37 PM
Reply #2

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
So are you going to bring anything to the modeling competition?

July 28, 2006, 05:00:12 AM
Reply #3

Traks

• Information
    • View Profile
:( Unfortunately, no. I had planned on the beginning of this year to finish up my modded Astray but I just won't make it in time this year. Hopefully after I get done with my Astray project I will have a lot more basic model builds to complete.

August 07, 2006, 06:45:16 PM
Reply #4

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
Ok, I don't know if I met anyone on the board while I was over there.  I hung out at the art show for quite a bit.  Vested interest because I was selling some of my older kits and it gave me a nice place to hang out and take pictures of scantily clad women of all shapes and sizes...  :shock: Here my page of the event.
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/otakon_2006.htm

Next year's con is going to be July 20-22... which means I can go to AX, Otakon, and the Nats... next year's gonna be busy.

August 13, 2006, 05:00:12 AM
Reply #5

Traks

• Information
    • View Profile
I probably did not run into you GB. I did not make it down to Artist Alley. Congradulations on the awards though, even if the judge did not beleive in sweeps, he still should have given the award to the most deserving kit. My daughter and I were watching shows for the most part and shopping for cat ears where I noticed the Hobby Link Japan booth which was cool. Their prices were much better than the other vender selling Gundam kits. On Sunday I picked up a MG Gyan for $25 and a 1/100 Infinite Justice for $15.