Author Topic: 1/6 Sonsaku Hakufu from Ikkitousen  (Read 1138 times)

July 16, 2006, 06:24:38 PM
Read 1138 times

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
Started her up this past week.... between working on the Akuyaku tank dio and various animes on my computer... I've pretty much gotten her about 80% ready for primer.  I'm hoping to finish her up by the first of August, so I can bring her out to Otakon....
Progress Page: http://www.gamerabaenre.com/sonsaku_prog.htm

July 18, 2006, 10:00:33 PM
Reply #1

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile

July 23, 2006, 01:43:35 PM
Reply #2

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
Eyes...
Took the time to do a little step by step eye painting progression.
1: mask off the eye areas to paint them white (since I paint the skin tone first, this is necessary, if you paint the eyes first.. well then this is skipped...)

2:  Paint on your white.  I then sprayed on a coat of clear gloss.  This creates a protective layer between the painted white and following step.  If I mess up, I just use some enamel thinner to clean up the eye, and start over with a fresh white eye ball. (this only works if the paint you are using on top of the clear coat is of a different type:  Using enamel over acrylic/lacquer)

3:  I used a .35mm (paint brush size 0) rapidograph to ink on the black.  Ink the outlines of the eyes and the black parts.

4:    Paint on the darker eye color, in this case, I'm using a green.

5:  Paint on the a lighter shade of eye color as a highlight, then paint on the white dot thingys for the typical anime-esque reflection.

6:  Finally, spray on a clear gloss (I'm using future floor polish here) to give the eyes a "wet" look.  Later after I have left the future to cure for 1 whole week, I will mask off the eyes, and then flat coat the rest of her head and body....