Author Topic: Astray: Red Guard  (Read 1390 times)

July 06, 2006, 04:09:09 AM
Read 1390 times

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Picked up a HG Red Frame (first HG and 144) this weekend and it needs some work to look cool. The plan is to widen the arms and legs, mod the feet (lots of drying fill work) , move the beam sabers (done), mod the head (drying), add neck movement (needs filling), do something about those ugly shoulders, bigger backpack (thrusters maybe) and anything else I can think of. Might paint the white parts silver and um... otherwise standard colors... or not...

Alright, so I've cut and glued the feet. Just need filling and lots of sanding.

(bad pic, I know) Little mod on the rifle, moved the sabers onto the shield (might sand them down a little, but they don't get in the way. Head is drying so before I can sand and there's the neck mod.

Still got other stuff on the table, PG Strike weapons (had to fill a HUGE gap... I feel like such a dope!), then back to the Nu (much thanks to Gamerabaenre for the extra funnels)

July 08, 2006, 04:10:48 AM
Reply #1

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Put 2 mill in the right arm/leg, cut that shoulder down. Left side'll be next. Head needs more shaping and the left shoulder is gona be cut down a lot. Would it be wrong to grab the sheild from a 1/100 Astray?

About the gist of it.

July 08, 2006, 06:54:53 AM
Reply #2

pu_rplecow

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thiscowispurple.com/
Man, you used alot of "green stuff". Thats what they call it right? Your kit looks really rough, I'm sure you're doing alot of sanding now. Hope to see what you can do to it. I think getting the shield would be weird... its too big.
www.thiscowispurple.com
I'm trying to decrease my talk : model ratio.
Less talk more model!