Author Topic: Fixing loose joints  (Read 2183 times)

Chopper Dave

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 215
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://chopperdave.minitokyo.net
Fixing loose joints
« on: July 03, 2006, 01:25:13 AM »
I didnt find this topic anywhere so...yea ^_^

Anywho I finished my MG Gyan, and everything is great...except the hip joints.

Where the legs connect to the body its kinda loose. The legs flap all around and the thing can barely stand up unless its knees are bent forward and legs angled outward.

Anyway my question is does anybody have a good way to strengthen a ball and socket joint on an MG?

Ezechiel

  • FFF Staff
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3024
  • Karma: 7
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Fixing loose joints
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 01:42:00 AM »
I know how to fix it by using talc and cyano glue (careful with that stuff!).
Maybe if you keep moving the bal in the joint during the drying process...
The basic ideais to make the ball bigger and/or the joint tighter.
(>:3) JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR!

fulcy

  • Genius is never understood in its own time
  • FFF Staff
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2135
  • Karma: 3
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
Fixing loose joints
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 01:47:43 AM »
Simple fix - get some thin  plastic from a plastic bag, take the joint apart, lay the plastic over one half, then push back together - should increase the ball enough/decrease the socket to make the joint pretty tight.

oteebzo

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 428
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Fixing loose joints
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:44:10 PM »
Quote from: "fulcy"
Simple fix - get some thin  plastic from a plastic bag, take the joint apart, lay the plastic over one half, then push back together - should increase the ball enough/decrease the socket to make the joint pretty tight.


Thats the best way.

Chopper Dave

  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 215
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://chopperdave.minitokyo.net
Fixing loose joints
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:49:12 PM »
Thanks! Ill try that tomorow and see if it helps! ^_^

EDIT:
Well that didnt help really. I probably was doing something wrong...but I found a simple solution! Just spread a couple light layers of superglue on the inside of the polycap and let it dry. Then just insert the peg into the polycap as usual and the smaller polycap grips the peg better! It worked very nicely! ^_^