Author Topic: Upcoming Gunpla (Post it here, other threads will be locked)  (Read 305387 times)

December 21, 2006, 05:59:03 AM
Reply #320

Traks

• Information
    • View Profile
With all the other resin models that could have been used to pull design ideas off of, I think Bandai dropped the ball on the over all design on the new prototype of the Hi-Nu.
In my opinion.....

From possibilities of....
This

or this w/ this

we get this...

December 21, 2006, 05:48:01 PM
Reply #321

caljuice

• Information
    • View Profile
I feel you. MG nu was already quite disappointing, and now even hi-v is a let down too. But i'm almost sure bandai will reuse the skeleton.

December 23, 2006, 08:17:50 AM
Reply #322

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Really really not a fan of this Hi-nu, everything looks wrong...Without going into all the proportion issues, may I direct your attention to the tail binder?  What is that!!  :mad:

The HGUC GP-02 is interesting, and the Quel is really nice, I wish the MG were that nice.

EDIT:  See the HGUC TR-5 "Hrairoo" in all configurations here

December 23, 2006, 11:34:00 AM
Reply #323

Whale Gamer

• Information
    • View Profile
So I have a firend currently in Japan on a vacation/business trip who picked up a Strike Freedom Full Burst kit for me and I was plesantly surprised to find out from him that since it comes with the gold plated frame as well as all the other bits and bobs like the extra stand, it still comes with the basic gray frame that the normal kit includes.

I haven't gotten the kit in my hands yet so I can't compare it, but I'll be interested to see how close to the regular Freedom the basic frame is. While it is more expensive for the Full Burst kit (due to the clear parts, gold plating on the frame and extra stand), the extra blank frame and getting 2 stands might be a good way to do scratch builds and get extra bang for the bucks, considering how many scratch builds and 1/100->MG mods have been done on the Freedom MG frame.

Just thought people here might find that to be interesting.

The Strike Freedom has gold joints for the normal or the full burstl version. The description for the full burst is slightly misleading since the "uber omg shiny HYAKUSHIKI colored parts" are only for areas that are visible after the outer armor has been applied. In other words, you still need to use the standard skeleton that came with the kit in order to build it. There is only 1 set of parts to build the skeleton.  The Full Burst just has a few plated.  This is not a cost effective purchase if you're looking for it to be. The Bandai Action Base, which is the 2nd stand, can be purchased separately for approx $5.50.

http://hima-toy.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2006/12/mg_strikefreedo_5274.html

December 24, 2006, 12:41:24 PM
Reply #324

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
The Hi-Nu looks OK, but it definitely falls short of the resin offerings available. I'd probably opt for a resin conversion. Not that I would normally spend that much, but I build so slow that if I only turn out a few models a year, I might as well make one or two of them expensive ones! :evil:  :D Of course since I am so slow it's all probably hypothetical anyway! :shock:  :?

Major Blah-

All those configurations show like 4 shields and 2 of the really long guns, as well as what look like 2 Psycho Gundam arms. No Dalong review yet, but I'm guessing you don't get most of that stuff in the kit, right? None of it shows up in the HLJ pics. I like the Gerwalk configurations, looks cool!
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

December 24, 2006, 04:30:56 PM
Reply #325

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Quote from: "Funaka"

Major Blah-

All those configurations show like 4 shields and 2 of the really long guns, as well as what look like 2 Psycho Gundam arms. No Dalong review yet, but I'm guessing you don't get most of that stuff in the kit, right? None of it shows up in the HLJ pics. I like the Gerwalk configurations, looks cool!

No I don't think we get all those, from what I've seen so far you only get the Galplant with the shoulder pods.  Definitely no psycho arms, and I'm not too sure with those booster shieleds either...guess we'll have to wait and see.

December 25, 2006, 07:50:55 AM
Reply #326

fredpekker

• Information
    • View Profile
I think this one slipped under the radar with all the Hi Nu hoopla.
HG Civillian Astray DSSD Custom
I believe the Civillian Astray is like a mass produced Outframe. Haven't seen it posted here, just thought someone might be interested.

December 25, 2006, 09:32:54 PM
Reply #327

Whale Gamer

• Information
    • View Profile
The Civilian Astray was used as the DSSD's defense mobile suits in Stargazer.  No relation to OutFrame.

However, given that the Civilian Astray and Turn Delta share similar features, we might get a Turn Delta kit too  :D

December 25, 2006, 10:13:30 PM
Reply #328

fredpekker

• Information
    • View Profile
Sorry, don't know what the hell I was looking at earlier. Thanks for clarifying.

December 27, 2006, 03:23:14 PM
Reply #329

fredpekker

• Information
    • View Profile
Courtesy of Guntoa:
HG Bucue
Nice pic of the Quel
Keroro Gunsou Dororo Robo
Looks like they dropped the ball on the Bucue. The Quel looks pretty good. The Keroro is, well, Keroro.

Sorry 'bout the double post.

January 03, 2007, 10:19:24 AM
Reply #330

Pleiades

• Information
    • View Profile
So we have known that the EX Cosmo Zero was coming out, but I had no idea that the Black Tiger was going to be done as well. Makes me happy! now all we need is the Cosmo Tiger II, I can't imagine they would not do it too. The thing I really enjoy, is that it seems Bandai has gone with a near identical design interpretation as the Yamato Mechanics version. I would link the site, but it seems to have disappeared.

January 04, 2007, 09:42:04 AM
Reply #331

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Those EX kits look good, but it's outside of my price/desire ratio.  :P

Just like to point out that the UCHG Zaku Head set review is up at Dalong.  Looks impressive!

January 04, 2007, 02:36:34 PM
Reply #332

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile
I recently bought this kit for the holidays and I have do say its got me stuck with mixed thoughts. The detail is simply amazing along with the color molding but the performance of the head is a big dissapointment. The hydraulics that "move" the head around are constantly falling out of place and are a pain in the @55 to place back together (have to go through all of the armor). Another upsetment is that this is a paint while put together kit. As dalong shows, the pieces on the head that are glued are very small. The figures on the other hand are great. They have many pieces that can be painted and placed together with the help of pins (have to get them yourself). The weapon detail is also amazing, they are as small as the side of the metal on an eraser, yet have the detail of a 1/100 MG gun! Overall, if you have a plan on what to do when you get this kit, then you will enjoy it very much!
ou don't need to be hot to model, You just need the right tools.

"I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'"
  - Jay Leno

January 04, 2007, 02:48:28 PM
Reply #333

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Thanks for the quick review.

Seems like nothing that can't be fixed with some glue or simple mod (magnets comes to mind).  I like how they get around the seam line problem at the cable "beads".  The motocycles seems a lot of fun too.

January 04, 2007, 03:08:06 PM
Reply #334

Oliphont

• Information
    • View Profile
Hate to ask, but that Zaku head looks really cool, any clue as to the best source in the US to purchase it?

January 04, 2007, 03:17:36 PM
Reply #335

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Quote from: "Oliphont"
Hate to ask, but that Zaku head looks really cool, any clue as to the best source in the US to purchase it?

They have it at HobbyWave.
Not sure about other places, check the Capitalism Corner for list of online gunpla suppliers.

January 06, 2007, 07:09:02 AM
Reply #336

kaixa

• Information
    • View Profile
Well, Strike Freedom is MG #97. X-1 Kai is #98, Hi-Nu is #99. I wonder, what's the 100th MG release will be ?

Hope it will not be another  Re-make (DOH !) of RX-78.

I hope it will be Nightiangel. And then Bandai will "force" us to buy it and Hi-Nu too  so we can make uber fighting scene :-/

January 06, 2007, 07:56:31 AM
Reply #337

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile

January 06, 2007, 08:01:07 AM
Reply #338

kaixa

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi-Nu is #99. According to dalong.net.
Strike Freedom is #97 there.