Author Topic: Gelgoog NT  (Read 3590 times)

May 17, 2006, 03:22:26 PM
Read 3590 times

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
While I wait on the Flaptter figs oils to dry I've started on my Gelgoog for Newtype Use. I'm going for the "Jeep" style. http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~jeep/newpage4.html

Here's my info and pics:
http://fichtenfoo.com/02GiantRobots/02b-gelgoog.htm

May 17, 2006, 04:01:09 PM
Reply #1

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile
nice work on the funnels. this one witll be interesting to me because I had actually thought of doing an Amuro NT version myself. so this is what your using the Dom cannon for  :razz:  .
ou don't need to be hot to model, You just need the right tools.

"I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'"
  - Jay Leno

May 17, 2006, 07:10:38 PM
Reply #2

RichD

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/AURORAMODELS
The name is Shin Matsunaga, the White Wolf, from back during the original MSG-MSV days. I'm sure this is going too be great. Michael, BTW, Where did you get your Flapters(!)?

May 17, 2006, 07:15:51 PM
Reply #3

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Thanks guys.

G: Yeah... the Dom cannon I got from ya was originally for my Saz, but the more I think about it the less I believe I'll ever build it.  :roll: So I figured it'd look just as bad-ass on a Goog.

Rich: I know who Shin is, :lol: I just wanted to make sure viewers knew which one I was referring to on the Jeep site. I got my Flaptters from R10... they have all that Miyazaki stuff 200-300 yen cheaper than HLJ. 8)

May 17, 2006, 07:37:45 PM
Reply #4

RichD

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/AURORAMODELS
Sorry Michael, Thought I knew more than the master(!) Hah! Those Flapters are cool, great job.

May 18, 2006, 03:51:09 AM
Reply #5

ZLuca

• I can't remember..
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kallamity.com
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
wooW!! excellent truster work Michael! What kind of truster are these? Are they taken from other kits, or Wave or Kotobukiya's O.P. ? This is very interesting for me, in fact soon I'll prubably must decide which of them is better on my model...
Great, as usual.... 8)
z

May 18, 2006, 05:37:20 AM
Reply #6

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Quote from: "ZLuca"
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
wooW!! excellent truster work Michael! What kind of truster are these? Are they taken from other kits, or Wave or Kotobukiya's O.P. ? This is very interesting for me, in fact soon I'll prubably must decide which of them is better on my model...
Great, as usual.... 8)
z

Mostly they're the thrusters supplied with the kit. The outside ones anyway. I "lathed" them on my electric drill and razor to thin the upper edges to make them look nicer as shown on Jeep's site:
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~jeep/zionic%20site%20002%20019114.jpg

Easy to do and the results are great. The inner bells are P-103 Kotobukiya bells. That option set comes with many small bell sizes. Also keep an eye out for Fulcy's machined aluminum bells when they come out. Click here.

May 18, 2006, 06:04:24 AM
Reply #7

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Wow that "lathing" is really neat.  How's the finish?  Is it smooth?  I scroll through that page but completely missed it, glad you brought it up.

I think Jeep does some structural changes (saw the head change) too?  The Gelgoogs look meaner.  Oh the funnels are really cool, never thought you can make it from spikes like that.  :lol:

Oh, btw, I don't think Matshunaga was ever considered a NT  :razz:  :razz:  :razz:

May 18, 2006, 06:12:40 AM
Reply #8

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
The finish is pretty smooth. I also take some very fine sandpaper to it as a last lathing step to smooth any rough spots. I noticed he's done a lot of structure changes like the head, but there's other parts where he didn't do anything which considering all the other detail he did, I thought was odd. Like the Goog shoulder vents. :?

Oh, btw, I don't think Matshunaga was ever considered a NT

Whew! Good think this isn't a Shin Gelgoog then. :wink: I'm just using Jeep's S.M. Goog as inspiration for my build.

May 18, 2006, 11:31:25 AM
Reply #9

Cmdr Harabec

• Information
    • View Profile
Where will it be storing the funnels?

May 19, 2006, 04:41:07 AM
Reply #10

mikiwank

• Information
    • View Profile
How accounts you to make for the chrome one?

May 19, 2006, 08:41:12 AM
Reply #11

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Cmdr Harabec: Funnels will be stored on the top of the shield.

miki: do you mean how will I make the parts chrome? I'll be using Alclad2 Chrome paint. Great stuff!

May 20, 2006, 09:21:01 AM
Reply #12

BM2

• John Fields
  • Information
  • "Sometimes you just have to be stupid"Joe Strummer
    • View Profile
Holeee-freolies! i have never seen that zionics site -WOW! I guess I need to step it up a notch - BAM! (as Emeril would say) what an inspiration you guys (and Gals ) here are really good but that guy is freaking amazing!
The dude abides!

May 20, 2006, 09:10:14 PM
Reply #13

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Quote from: "BM2"
Holeee-freolies! i have never seen that zionics site -WOW! I guess I need to step it up a notch - BAM! (as Emeril would say) what an inspiration you guys (and Gals ) here are really good but that guy is freaking amazing!

Yeah, check out his newer Zaku... there's pages of in-progs to it and of the weapons seperated out. It's made me totally rethink the way I build gunpla and prompted me to buy more aluminum tubing.  :lol:

May 20, 2006, 09:46:22 PM
Reply #14

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
I can only link to the in progs on that page you listed. can't get to new progs... is link down?

May 21, 2006, 06:59:50 AM
Reply #15

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Quote from: "oteebzo"
I can only link to the in progs on that page you listed. can't get to new progs... is link down?

There's 3 links at the top-left of the Zaku page. Those are the progs/detail shots.

May 22, 2006, 05:47:10 AM
Reply #16

Asmodeous

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm just wondering where jeep got those spikes.  Do you think they are custom machined parts?  Awesome in progs though really makes you see these kits in a new light.

May 22, 2006, 06:34:27 AM
Reply #17

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
I'm assuming he's got access to a machine shop. His works are too clean for just a drill and some metal tubes. Fulcy should get some Zaku spikes machined. :wink:

May 22, 2006, 06:44:00 AM
Reply #18

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
You're the second person to suggest that...

June 23, 2006, 09:36:01 AM
Reply #19

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Well, I'm back on this project now. Nothing worth photographing as everything is on skewers and half the parts have been primered. Should be donein  what... an hour? :P

Actually I'm waiting on decals. I am testing out a new printer service (new to me anyway) and I'll let you guys know how it works out.