Author Topic: First real build: Nu Gundam  (Read 1577 times)

May 02, 2006, 09:42:21 PM
Read 1577 times

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Starting my first REAL build. Full prebuild, filling, sanding, full paint, drybrushing, weathering... blah blah blah. Sure its just a Nu and I think its damn ugly, but no loss if I fail, right? (pics once I paint the frame)

One minor paint question, Tamiya gun metal and dark gray (50/50) for a dark half metal finish?

May 03, 2006, 03:38:03 AM
Reply #1

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
There is no definitive color for dark metal finishes - it's whatever you want it to be.  Best results I've seen are achieved when using multiple metal colors, to represent different metallic surfaces...

Oh, and please don't start an in progress thread without pictures.  PM me when you have pics, and I will unlock your thread.

May 04, 2006, 02:06:55 AM
Reply #2

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
Unlocked - waiting for pics to be posted!

May 04, 2006, 02:49:32 AM
Reply #3

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Sorry bout that, tee-hee

Finished the inner frame and backpack and painted it half gunmetal/half gray, vents and such are metallic blue. Think the color came out rather well and having not tought my selt to dry brush, I'm not gona worry about it. Paint is handbrushed and is bound to stay that way. Armor is partialy cut and cleaned and next on the list. I don't have a solid scheme yet, I'm thinking more blue/black than the standard and dirty white and some thing to highlight. Painting is gona have to wail till I can go shopping this weekend.

Lighting sucks in my room and my camera can't handle it, the knees are closest to actual (just a little blue and thats Ti gold) you can see some holes in the paint too but they don't show up in normal light.

Forward

Right
Left Rear
Knees

August 16, 2006, 10:44:57 PM
Reply #4

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Well, back to work on it. My camera's dead which is really too bad cause its starting too look good.

Got 6 extra funnels from Gamerabaenre, so we're (meaning me) making a Nu V. Instead of the linked funnels, I'm modding and am pinning 2 funnels so the other 10 hang off the fins. Its like the Hi Nu but pointing back not down... Looks nice... stupid camera
Think I might do a few other things to the body, maybe make it closer to the Hi Nu.

August 17, 2006, 06:49:03 AM
Reply #5

Titan-ex

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey it's Robocop heh,Looks good so far.