Author Topic: Gundamhead's 1/400 Musai and Salamis (from Gamera's thread)  (Read 2235 times)

April 28, 2006, 03:35:23 AM
Read 2235 times

Gundamhead

• Information
    • View Profile
I thought some might like to see my slightly customized Musai, and start of a Salamis in 1/400. I'm at the point with the Musai, where I like what I have so far, but it seems to need more still. Any ideas that i might be missing?

And there's the bones of a 1/400 MS Igloo version Salamis (The 1/1700 Ex Salamis kit).

Pics

It's a start anyway... 8)

April 28, 2006, 08:45:11 AM
Reply #1

gamerabaenre

• Information
    • View Profile
Very nice.... gonna keep my eye on this.  I'm debating on if I should start on mine as well... so I'm looking to you for inspiration  :P

May 19, 2006, 12:34:03 PM
Reply #2

Gundamhead

• Information
    • View Profile
Just a bump, I added a few more pics of my 1/400 Salamis in progress. I'm just getting to the superstructure, and have a good portion of the hull done, but there's still tons to do. I'm pleased with the look of the missile/torpedo tubes in the bow. I can't wait to get to the scribing and detailing...  

On a side note, my Musai hasn't been worked on. I did find bigger and cooler looking AA guns for her though.  

Pics

Enjoy!

May 20, 2006, 09:01:45 PM
Reply #3

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
The Salamis is looking great. I'm so jealous as I really wanted to do a large Salamis as well. You beat me to it! :lol: You've seen this right:

May 21, 2006, 04:24:21 AM
Reply #4

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
Quote from: "FichtenFoo"
The Salamis is looking great. I'm so jealous as I really wanted to do a large Salamis as well. You beat me to it! :lol: You've seen this right:

You're talking about the sushi cart, right?

May 21, 2006, 11:55:04 AM
Reply #5

Gundamhead

• Information
    • View Profile
Quote from: "fulcy"
Quote from: "FichtenFoo"

You're talking about the sushi cart, right?

The basket, not the cart. 8)  :D

Thank you. There's no law stopping you from building one too. I'd love to see more capital ships. 8)

A friend actually showed me that picture on Starship Modeler after I had started mine. It is a gorgeous build. If I can get mine half as good, I'll be very happy. Any idea what scale that Salamis in? It looks too large for 1/400, and a tiny too small for 1/220? The MS in the pic throws me off, cause he looks 1/220. More importantly, are there any more pictures of it? 8)