Author Topic: Replacement Parts: Where and How to Order Them  (Read 20089 times)

March 29, 2006, 07:46:22 PM
Read 20089 times

Doctor Seleski

• Do they make that in pink?
  • Information
  • Char!
    • View Profile
This should help anyone not familiar with where to get parts from and how to go about ordering them.
  • Rainbow Ten
    url: http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english
    Everything can be found on Rainbow Ten's site in the "Shopping" and "Order Information" table in the left frame.
    TAMIYA&BANDAI PARTS ORDER (under "Shopping") note: R10 calls them "after parts"
    HOW TO ORDER (under "Order Information")  
    FAQ (under "Order Information")

• Hobby Link Japan
    url: http://www.hlj.com
    HLJ will only order complete runners or parts which are separate (like decals). Ordering information can be found on their FAQ page titled, Can I order parts for a model kit? How do I do that?

• Bandai America
    url: Bandai Customer Service Contact
    For those of us who live in North America, this might be the best resource to save on high shipping costs.  Just fill out their "Email Customer Service" form.  Be sure to select "Replacement Parts" in the drop-down "Category:" of the form.  This is for N. American released kit parts only.  As with HLJ, orders are for complete runners of parts.
    note: Bandai USA will not ship parts outside of the United States and Canada

March 31, 2006, 01:32:56 PM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Thanks for reposting this Phil! Sorry I accidentally pruned it! :oops:

October 22, 2006, 05:40:56 PM
Reply #2

Komataguri

• Information
  • Banned
    • View Profile
The bandai America link is no longer functional.

and rainbow10 is no longer doing Bandai after parts.

October 22, 2006, 06:20:57 PM
Reply #3

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
I think R10 is still doing it but you simply have to wait till they clear off their current backlog.  I assume the service is hugely popular (judging from this order stop and the fact that Bandai limits the number of same part per order to 5).

November 16, 2006, 11:28:44 AM
Reply #4

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
Fixed the link for the Bandai America contact..

November 16, 2006, 02:42:57 PM
Reply #5

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
If anyone knows japanese, and wants to give it a workout, Bandai Japan has a parts replacement page.

Here is the url.

This webpage is part of Badai Japan's plastic models site.
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.

February 10, 2007, 08:32:04 AM
Reply #6

Traks

• Information
    • View Profile
Has anyone ordered whole runnners from HLJ and how much did the runners cost? And, has anyone ordered from Bandai Japan and could you order individual pieces?

February 10, 2007, 01:34:53 PM
Reply #7

Artic Fox

• Information
    • View Profile
Clee-cm I used the yahoo translation thingy to translate that page for whoever needs it
FIXED LINK

MOD EDIT: DO NOT POST EXCESSIVELY LONG LINKS.

February 11, 2007, 07:47:46 AM
Reply #8

Doctor Seleski

• Do they make that in pink?
  • Information
  • Char!
    • View Profile
It appears Bandai will replace parts for kits not sold in North America.  Cyber-kun posted this at CoM...
I'd like to add, after talking to Bandai, they were able to make replacement parts for me (4 for free, after that was extra) and then them free of shipping. They will do american release AND japanese release (I asked for parts from the MG Perfect Zeong and MG Zeta Gundam ver. 2 and got them)

Here's an e-mail from them:

Dear ----------------------------

Greetings from Bandai. Thank you for purchasing our products and the time to email us. Please read our replacement policy written below.

1. We accept free replacement for any defection or missing parts if it occurred in our production line or during the transportation. We need to see a picture of broken parts or a sprew that has missing parts in the unwrapped plastic bags when you ask for a replacement.

2. We also accept a replacement for broken parts or missing parts which occurred under customer's responsibility. This replacement will be done free of charge but it will be only one time deal. Limited within 4 pieces of parts.

Also, please inform us of your full name and shipping address.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Sincerely,

Hana

BANDAI CO.,LTD.
Hobby Department
Overseas Marketing Section
Customer Service
e-mail: bandaiactionkit@bandai.co.jp

February 26, 2007, 11:11:34 AM
Reply #9

Captain Obvious

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
Has anyone else tried contacting Bandai this way for replacement parts?  I've written to them a few times, and so far haven't heard back from them.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
-Kurt Vonnegut

February 26, 2007, 11:23:38 AM
Reply #10

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
1. We accept free replacement for any defection or missing parts if it occurred in our production line or during the transportation. We need to see a picture of broken parts or a sprew that has missing parts in the unwrapped plastic bags when you ask for a replacement.

One time, I laughed so hard that soda sprewed out my nose.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

August 14, 2007, 06:47:49 AM
Reply #11

Mrex-sgundam

• OPE
  • Information
  • Wow, time flies.
    • View Profile
Found this on DannyChoo's Its a place in Japan that sells replacement parts by the bags.

Danny Choo's Replacement Part Page
Hey, how's it going?

September 20, 2007, 01:47:59 PM
Reply #12

hollaitsjona

• Information
    • View Profile
Well today i finally got my replacement parts for my Freedom from bandai... considering the fact that i had to wait about 3 months to get them and wasnt notified that they had already been shipped, I'm glad that i finally have them. Below is the link of the picture i took of them. And as you can see, they only give you the parts you asked for, and none others. You dont get a full runner like i think some other places do.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b81/aeguyfrmheights/DSC03018.jpg

September 20, 2007, 03:52:54 PM
Reply #13

Captain Obvious

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
Yeah, I also got my replacements parts from Bandai recently.  It took almost 4 months for me.  Of course in the meantime I had given up and ordered the parts from HLJ, which cost me around $20, and took about 5 weeks (not as bad as I had feared, but nowhere near as good as R10's extinct service).  I really don't recommend either service to anyone, unless you're really desperate.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
-Kurt Vonnegut

May 12, 2008, 04:15:00 AM
Reply #14

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
Has anyone on the boards who's in Japan ever tried ordering parts from Bandai using their website?  Apparrantly you're meant to mail them a list of parts and then they get back to you with a reply and such, but I've had nothing back. X_x

September 28, 2009, 01:19:59 AM
Reply #15

Sian

• Information
    • View Profile
little necro, but useful. I put in a request to bandaiactionkit and got a reply 19 days later. We'll see how long it takes for my parts to show up!

May 01, 2010, 11:27:15 PM
Reply #16

DesbotIronEater

• Information
    • View Profile
Yo.  I've never gone through Gundam Store, but every interaction with them so far has been pleasant.  They have a pretty decent selection of parts.  Can't say how prices are. Anyways, for your consideration boys and girls!

http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/parts-store.html