Author Topic: HGUC GM Command  (Read 2517 times)

March 29, 2006, 04:00:30 AM
Read 2517 times

MechaEd

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Rocket Punch!
Hi all,

I did this for another forum's groupbuild/comp we affectionally call Project WOOB. It's OOB except for the sharpening of the antennae. To make it look more interesting and stand out from the other builds, I gave it a custom camoflage (a failed attempt at the German Flectarn scheme).

More pics here
Ed
Rocket Punch!
"Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect. So why practice?"

March 29, 2006, 04:55:24 AM
Reply #1

Scarylion

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scarylion.org
thats pretty nifty :)

I like the decal on the shield :)
size=9]In one episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Chuck Norris replaced Carlton for one scene and nobody noticed.[/size]

March 29, 2006, 07:47:59 AM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Oh! That's a camo? I thought it was heavy weathering on just the gray parts. I see it now. It looks very much like paint chipped from primer and bare metal with rusting in some of the shots. Not bad though!

March 29, 2006, 06:30:50 PM
Reply #3

MechaEd

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Rocket Punch!
Well... originally I was attempting this > Flecktarn

Needless to say, I failed pretty miserably  :shock: . And now that you've mentioned it, you're right, the red clumps do look like rust...

I'm sure I'll attempt the camo again though.
Ed
Rocket Punch!

March 29, 2006, 08:23:54 PM
Reply #4

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
I like it. The uncamo'd gray joints, feet and such look out of place though

March 31, 2006, 01:28:06 PM
Reply #5

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Well, as far as camo goes it might have failed, but as far as rusted chipped paint goes it looks good... just a little out of scale. 8)

March 31, 2006, 04:47:52 PM
Reply #6

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Call me crazy, but it looks like camo to me!!! I'm imagining it on a parka worn by a WWII German soldier, right???

I like it. It's a bit vibrant for camouflage. I would have put a wash or filter over it to blend it and also done the camo on the feet and the things (GM earmuffs???) on the head. Also, I think the main color is a bit too yellow-green, I would have liked it a bit more tan. Then again I'm biased because I recently built a desert-camo Zaku, so needless to say I have my own ideas on the "perfect" shade of tan... Oh, and as I said, I'm carzy!!!  :shock:

By the way, cool decals! Where did they comefrom?

Nice work!
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

April 01, 2006, 02:57:30 PM
Reply #7

mathis478

• [Automata]
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Maru
I'll have to disagree on the tan color. It looks to me to be (or very similar to) Africa Mustard, which is one of my favorite 'tans'. I think it would blend in with a lot of middle eastern areas, also some taller grasses and such, hence 'Africa' mustard. The camo is  8) but again, smaler scale and more randomness would be perfection.
Trust the robot.

April 01, 2006, 07:21:16 PM
Reply #8

MechaEd

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Rocket Punch!
I would have put a wash or filter over it to blend it and also done the camo on the feet and the things (GM earmuffs???) on the head.

Actually you're right about a wash or filter... but I was rushing a deadline  :oops:. As for the earmuffs and feet, I felt if I added camo there it'd be a bit overdone. I would have done it on the gun though if I had more time heh.

By the way, cool decals! Where did they comefrom?

The sheet is from Starship Modeler > Click Here. Quality's not the best, but it gets the job done.

As for the tan... it's Vallejo's Desert Yellow. IIRC, it's the shade of tan that the Israelis use for the armor, or at least, that's what I see the folks over here use for the Merkava tanks  :P
Ed
Rocket Punch!