Author Topic: 1/144 HGGS Forbidden Gundam  (Read 2930 times)

September 25, 2006, 10:43:25 PM
Read 2930 times

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
Just wanna share... a 1/144 Gundam Seed kit. Leg, arms, neck and torso extensions were done. I also raised the shoulder armor. Color scheme... mainly OOTB. :D  Enjoy and thanks for looking! :)

More pics at www.mechaion.tk  :)

September 26, 2006, 04:59:51 AM
Reply #1

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
For some reason, I couldn't get to the mechaion site, but that could very easily be a problem on my end. As such, I really just had the three pictures you posted to go off.

On the plus side, the colors look good, and the modificaitons you made appear very natural. I don't think most people (myself included) could even tell there were modifications made--that's how well they blend in.

On the minus side, nothing appears to have been done with the panel lines. It really makes them stand out and gives the piece an nearly-finished appearance. In addition, it looks like the "X252" decal on the left shoulder over-hangs the front surface of the shoulder. It appears to be sticking out on both the left and the right sides. Making sure there's a gloss coat underneath to smooth the surface, trimming the decal, and applying decal setting solution should help with that one.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

September 26, 2006, 12:25:32 PM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Looks pretty good. There's some dust on the kit in the photos it seems, but we've all done that. I can't tell where the mods are so that's good. Nice colors. 8)

September 26, 2006, 05:20:53 PM
Reply #3

dorgas

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dorgas.20m.com
Nice job doc!! :D

Nice mods, to think that its a 1/144 kit which involves small details, nice job on what you did in this kit :D Salute!
atayin sa Sindak si Barbara!

September 26, 2006, 09:43:37 PM
Reply #4

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
Zerobxu: point taken bro! :)  the panel lines... well i used gray on them thats why its not too visible in the pic. for the decal... yeah, i dont know what happened to it. any tips you can give to fix it? :D and by the way here's another link to my site http://mechaion.tripod.com/

FF: Ahahahahaha! sorry i didnt noticed the dust until after the pictorial. :lol: the mods were mainly for proportion issues. and im glad its not too obvious. :D

Dorgas: thanks bro! its really a pain in the *toot* making a 1/144 scale. hehehehehe!

here's a before and after pics! hope i did justice to it. :D

---->  

October 09, 2006, 05:54:00 AM
Reply #5

mekangkong

• Information
    • View Profile
Wow seeing your in progress and the finished product images makes me want to back out from our Dead Pilots contest.  Like the masters said in their previous posts nice mods it really looks natural.
ng taong mayabang tulad "MO" ay hindi nagtatagal sa mundo!! Taena mo!!

October 09, 2006, 08:47:46 AM
Reply #6

Shin0bu

• Allenby Beardsly
  • Information
  • Neo Sweden
    • View Profile
    • http://www.friendster.com/shin0bu
looks really good... planning to do raider and calamity? complete the trio~  :lol:

October 09, 2006, 09:36:08 PM
Reply #7

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
Shinobu: Thanks man! Doing the trio? hmmm maybe I'll consider the Calamity someday. :D