Author Topic: 1/100 GN-X Interceptor  (Read 17928 times)

August 09, 2011, 05:38:19 AM
Read 17928 times

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
This GN-X Interceptor was created after Celestial Being's defeat. Having greater mobility and speed, this unit was used by local law enforcement to handle the increase in smuggling after the Earth Sphere Federation was formed. It was only used for a short period due to the Autonomous Peace-Keeping Force (aka A-Laws) creation. After 6 months the A-Laws had the Interceptor units decommissioned and replaced with the superior GN-XIII's.

This is going to be my new project over the next couple of months. Hope you all like it!

August 09, 2011, 06:44:23 AM
Reply #1

Kane82

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Korewa Gundam!
You know, I have to say, for the number of GN-Xs coming in, it IS good to see they are all entirely unique takes. 

This should look pretty cool, well...for a GN-X  ;)
Building Gundam Kits since 1995

August 09, 2011, 09:17:08 AM
Reply #2

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
You know, I have to say, for the number of GN-Xs coming in, it IS good to see they are all entirely unique takes. 

This should look pretty cool, well...for a GN-X  ;)

I take it you're not a fan of the GN-X design? It does seem to be a suit you either love or hate.

August 09, 2011, 10:33:23 AM
Reply #3

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
Got the pre-build finished.

Trying to figure out how I want to pose it when I finish it.

Let the sanding begin...

August 09, 2011, 11:14:19 AM
Reply #4

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Throw it Hard

August 11, 2011, 10:16:45 PM
Reply #5

Zircor

• Information
    • View Profile
Totally digging the concept.  Can't wait to see the finished results.

And yes, the GN-X is definitely a suit that polarizes.  While I like about 90% of the design, the diaper/crotch annoys me, and the implementation of the cross bars in the MG kit REALLY make me want to throw the kit against the wall.  Other than that I've seen some amazing renditions of it, enough that it didn't bother me at all to purchase the kit :)

August 12, 2011, 04:04:37 AM
Reply #6

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
Totally digging the concept.  Can't wait to see the finished results.

And yes, the GN-X is definitely a suit that polarizes.  While I like about 90% of the design, the diaper/crotch annoys me, and the implementation of the cross bars in the MG kit REALLY make me want to throw the kit against the wall.  Other than that I've seen some amazing renditions of it, enough that it didn't bother me at all to purchase the kit :)

Well now I can't un-see the diaper/crotch  :twitch:

Before buying, the crossbars were one of my favorite parts, to me it's what sets it apart from other designs. However, I have to admit the implementation was poorly done, they are not stable and they mostly get in the way. It is going to be a pain posing this thing without one of the large crossbars scratching the paint somewhere. It's still one of my favorite grunt suits and I've been wanting to do this kit like this for a while now, it's just life that's been getting in the way.

Also, I think we see a lot of custom versions of the GN-X, because its default color scheme is practically a blank slat.

Thanks to all for the compliments so far.

August 12, 2011, 06:26:18 PM
Reply #7

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
I like this a lot. It'd be cool to see if you could recast some of the parts in clear for the lights.

August 16, 2011, 01:20:50 PM
Reply #8

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
I like this a lot. It'd be cool to see if you could recast some of the parts in clear for the lights.

I agree that would greatly enhance the design. I'm looking into that right now to see if I want to do that, I don't have any experience casting resin parts (I guess its never too late to start).

August 18, 2011, 08:59:09 PM
Reply #9

NBEone

• Information
    • View Profile

I agree that would greatly enhance the design. I'm looking into that right now to see if I want to do that, I don't have any experience casting resin parts (I guess its never too late to start).

Or maybe something like the Vacuum Forming Machine
a.k.a Ebeone

August 20, 2011, 03:46:11 PM
Reply #10

JohnLogan

• Information
  • Karma Gila Monster
    • View Profile
Here is yet another thought. If the items to be clear red, and blue, you might find a tooth brush handle, cheap, and use for stock. build it to size ( or melt) and carve and file to neede shape. I've used this method on aircraft nav lights before with pretty good results. Just a thought. :-)

I have a Patlabor AV-oX that would look great done up like your line drawing.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 03:48:32 PM by JohnLogan »

August 20, 2011, 05:40:02 PM
Reply #11

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
Here is yet another thought. If the items to be clear red, and blue, you might find a tooth brush handle, cheap, and use for stock. build it to size ( or melt) and carve and file to neede shape. I've used this method on aircraft nav lights before with pretty good results. Just a thought. :-)

I have a Patlabor AV-oX that would look great done up like your line drawing.

Thanks for the tip!

Patlabor and the Lamborghini on the NFS Hot Pursuit cover were the inspiration.

August 24, 2011, 06:53:39 AM
Reply #12

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm sanding right now, so there is not much to show at the moment. However, I snapped a photo of the skeleton as I was deconstructing it.

Also, here are the decals I plan to use. The Police ones are for Brawl from the Transformers movie. I liked the font "Police" was written in compared to all the different variations I scouted out.

I probably will use the actual GN-X decals sparingly, although I have been know to get carried away with decals.

October 10, 2011, 09:21:03 AM
Reply #13

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
It's been a while since I've posted on this, I've had some trouble with venting (and I still havn't completely solved it). But I've been able to do a little painting; but not much unfortunately. I've so far painted the skeleton of the legs in Metallic Grey. However, I'm thinking of doing another layer a little darker.

November 30, 2011, 07:22:58 PM
Reply #14

gazza

• Information
    • View Profile
waiting for you completed kit!!!!!

December 01, 2011, 04:40:29 AM
Reply #15

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
waiting for you completed kit!!!!!

Thanks for your intrest.

Unfortunately, I've had to put it on hold temporarily. For the past month or so I've been involved in buying a house, I will hopefully be moving in by the end of the month. After that I should have the time to start back up (and have an awesome new modeling room to build it in). I'm really anxious to get back on top of it, I just have to tack care of life matters first.

January 30, 2012, 05:28:17 AM
Reply #16

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
Sorry for my absence on this project. I have been in the process of buying and moving into a new house. Now that is complete and I can finally get back to business, and I plan to attack this thing pretty hard now that I have a new modeling area. I had left off painting the inner legs a Metallic Grey as the base, but have added a coat of Gun Metal on top of that. Gunmetal will be the color of most of the skeleton (a usual choice for most).

Here's a couple shots of my new modeling area; a nice little attic crawl space.

The next step and post will be adding a little chrome in small areas, spraying on a gloss coat and an assembly of the inner legs.

January 30, 2012, 06:05:58 AM
Reply #17

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
Great work area.
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

March 19, 2012, 03:52:16 AM
Reply #18

ckrajci

• Information
    • View Profile
I've glossed it with some FF, and I'm using an Inda Ink for the panel lines. Things are coming out nicely.

Painted the feet parts with a straight black. I usually never do just a straight black, I usually add a little white or grey to off set it a tad. However, cop cars usually use a very deep black and I want to emulate that as best as possible.

I've prepped and readied the white pieces for the legs and getting them ready for some priming.

March 26, 2012, 07:08:11 AM
Reply #19

MGmodeler

• Information
    • View Profile
    • MGmodeler
Very nice progress so far.  How do you find the india ink wash compaired to a regular oil based wash.  Is it easier to clean up and not smear as much?