Author Topic: Vehitle  (Read 4169 times)

October 18, 2013, 04:31:44 AM
Read 4169 times

Beork

• Information
    • View Profile
For a sortof competition on the Mechalounge I decided to build a vehitle (http://www32.ocn.ne.jp/~water_site/mak/vehitle/)  
Scrounged some interesting parts from the box of plastic waste and started.
I want to try and use as little kit parts as possibly, mostly to clean out my boxes of random crap, but also because I always turn to kit parts while I have so many nice shapes and pieces that I neglect because I feel it too be too much work to make something out of it...

Glued the bunch together

Then I made some leg parts from 10 and 25 ml pipets, bent using a lighter, also made lumpy on purpose.

Dude's got a ball ^_^

And the parts that keep it in place.

Started building the leg wells too, now just need to find more parts for the legs

October 18, 2013, 06:20:51 AM
Reply #1

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Looks like its going to be fun andinteresting, will be following with interest. I like your starting shapes and form  :-)
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

October 18, 2013, 11:04:12 PM
Reply #2

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
Always fun seeing something built from a bunch of scrap and junk. Off to a good start!

October 21, 2013, 08:01:07 AM
Reply #3

TaiidanTomcat

Can't wait to see where this leads

October 23, 2013, 09:33:19 PM
Reply #4

Beork

• Information
    • View Profile
Added some plastic around the leg wells to create a raised edge and widen the vehitle a bit in the middle.

Then drilled, sawed and sanded a hole for the cockpit. Added walls and a chair (from a 1/20 racecar I think, doesn't fit 1/20 figures though...)

And started on a pilot (1/24 scale) using 1/24 legs and a 1/20 divers torso that was quite small for the scale.

Just some major gap filling and then it's on to puttying and mechanical detail.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:47:42 AM by Beork »

November 02, 2013, 10:57:40 AM
Reply #5

Beork

• Information
    • View Profile
Leggies!

Maybe a bit too long....

All made with leftover parts, culture loops, spoons, tea stirrers, pipets, umbrella parts, random plastic crap ^_^