Author Topic: Naboo N1 Royal Starfighter Trio [1/72 Fine Molds]  (Read 13362 times)

June 23, 2013, 06:11:39 PM
Read 13362 times

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
My Weekend Mental Health Build... so far... need to do finish a tad more weathering then do a base.  Full details at the link:

http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/tag/n1-trio/

June 23, 2013, 10:35:12 PM
Reply #1

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Man they are tiny! Cool build i like the shape of the naboo fighter, nice to see a build of a less popular star wars ship
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

June 23, 2013, 11:04:39 PM
Reply #2

Jiloo

• Information
  • | keep-disco-evil |
    • View Profile
It's good that my WIP turn you back into plastic for a change :)
It look's like a nice and fast model to do. And nice WIP, I like the way you explaining everything.
I still got my Finemolds X-wing on a shelf waiting...

Are you going for a standard base? I sow one and it look a bit bulky, so I wander how you'll do it.

Too bad that you didn't started Vanship first :P

PS. Can you explain some more about tricky R2 decals? I'll be doing mine some time so maybe I'll need a little help from expert.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:09:23 PM by Jiloo »

June 24, 2013, 12:23:35 AM
Reply #3

Will Vale

• Information
    • View Profile
Fabulous natural metal finish, it absolutely looks the part. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the design of these, I can see why it's elegant and interesting, it just doesn't feel like Star Wars :(

If you're on a plastic revival, I probably shouldn't mention the Pegasus Nautilus to you :) I picked one up the other day and it's a delight to look upon.

W

June 24, 2013, 07:59:31 AM
Reply #4

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
If you're on a plastic revival, I probably shouldn't mention the Pegasus Nautilus to you :)

And you just did...

June 24, 2013, 03:52:22 PM
Reply #5

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Thanks guys!

If you're on a plastic revival, I probably shouldn't mention the Pegasus Nautilus to you :)

And you just did...
Actually I saw it on the Pegasus table at Wonderfest and avoided the temptation for now. Looks amazing built-up!

PS. Can you explain some more about tricky R2 decals? I'll be doing mine some time so maybe I'll need a little help from expert.
It's just that it's like5 different decals for a half a pea-sized piece. Just make sure you follow the placement instructions and only do one decal at a time. The top one is the trickiest to line up over the detail and needs extra setting solution and a little pressure with a wet paper-towel wad to make it conform nicely.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 03:52:37 PM by FichtenFoo »

June 26, 2013, 06:58:48 PM
Reply #6

Dave Diaz

• Information
    • View Profile
My Weekend Mental Health Build...

Man, I need one of those  :(.... Great job on these by the way.

dave