Author Topic: Rozen-Hamma (My rendition of Hamma Hamma in 1/20) - Working phase  (Read 3246 times)

February 23, 2013, 09:22:19 PM
Read 3246 times

The Red O

• Dear Leader, Supreme General, Comrade General, etc..
  • Information
    • View Profile
My love for the Hamma Hamma is too damn high! But now the Rozen Zulu came into the picture, I guess I'm gonna have to put the best of both worlds together. Thus, the Rozen-Hamma AM (Assault Mecha)  :lol:

I love Gundams/ Mobile suits, but their size is too big for my taste so I decided to go for a mecha scale that fits my taste - 1/35 or 1/20. The mecha scale I'm talking about belongs to scales from Code Geass, Patlabor, and Dunbine.

Ok, now with the concept:

As you can see, it's still in the blueprint phase. I left details intentionally blank or made "basic" since they are a bit complicated to replicate in SketchUp and it will make my life easier to measure large parts in its bare detail. You'll also notice that the design is far (although similiar) from the Rozen Zulu and Hamma Hamma. I wanted to create my own personal rendition of both mechas combined and in my preferred mecha size. Thus, it looks somehow like Patlabor's Labor mechs.

Well, that's it for now. This is a build intended for Mecha Lounge's Air vs Ground GB. Since the GB ends at June 30 right, I might be able to slip some time in the near future and post some updates around April or May (Yup, that long hehe (time) )

Thanks for looking! Comments and Criticisms are welcome!  :D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:43:23 AM by The Red O »
Weird is Wonderful

February 24, 2013, 11:51:44 PM
Reply #1

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
I really like the designs of the Zeon prototype suits, so this sounds like it will be an interesting project
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

February 25, 2013, 01:18:34 AM
Reply #2

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
Looks like you're off to a good start. I'm actually learning how to use SketchUp right now for some other things, and your model looks pretty complicated, good job!

Personally I'd make the bulged 'skirt' a little smaller to streamline the design a little, though (and in doing that placing the legs a little closer to each other).

February 25, 2013, 05:42:27 AM
Reply #3

The Red O

• Information
    • View Profile
@ HunterRose: Yup, Zeonic designs are usually weird but still appealing in some ways  :-)

@ Sharkdog: Thanks man! SketchUp is fun and versatile in its uses. The model I did is not complicated. Just trial and error until it looks right   ^_^.

With regards to the skirt and legs, I'm kinda happy with the way it looks for now. I'm fond of wide bodied designs hehe. But I'll take your comment into consideration in other future projects. Thanks again for the advice sir  :D
Weird is Wonderful

February 26, 2013, 10:55:26 PM
Reply #4

NickM

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
    • A3U Gundam
Hamma Hamma is a great subject, it needs more love! I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

March 11, 2013, 06:50:10 AM
Reply #5

The Red O

• Information
    • View Profile
@ NickM: Thanks! Hopefully, things will go well accordingly  :D

Now, unto the first progress:

Things done:
1. Revised the design, lengthened the torso and thighs. Also added some ankle armors and some minor detail at the rear torso and shortened the width of the head.

2. Started with the cockpit and head. First, I used the SketchUp model and pick-out the cockpit. I then measured the length and angle of each piece using SketchUp's measuring tools. Since the SketchUp model is done using meters for measurement. I converted each measurement to millimeters and made them into the appropriate scale of 1/20.

After all those measurements, it's time for the actual build-up. I used an illustration board for the basic shape of the cockpit. I then reinforced them with cardboard folders for rigidity. The details used to make the interior of the cockpit are the following: An old, unassembled 1/24 Mitsubishi Lancer (I know it's not up to scale, but.... close enough), Soldering wire (They're very very malleable. Very good for wires), aluminum foil tape for the wire holders thingy.

The cockpit hatch and head were made using cardboard folder. There are seams along every corner. I'll try to experiment on a method to fill those seams up without the use of putty (I'll reveal it soon once it works hehe).

I'll prime these pieces soon and try to sand them (Yes, they seem to work).

Well, that's it for now. I'll update again probably a month from now. Comments and Crits well appreciated. Thanks guys!!  :razz:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:51:47 AM by The Red O »
Weird is Wonderful

March 11, 2013, 07:01:13 AM
Reply #6

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

March 11, 2013, 07:45:45 AM
Reply #7

The Red O

• Information
    • View Profile
@ Hunter Rose: Thanks! Unfortunately, the details are too clumped together and the cockpit panels are glued already. Painting this would be a pain-in-the-posterior bottom  :twitch:
Weird is Wonderful

March 16, 2013, 01:24:12 PM
Reply #8

Astronopolis

• Information
    • View Profile
Man what a shame to seal away all that detail. I would have at least removed it before closing it up!

April 19, 2013, 09:47:40 AM
Reply #9

struschie

• Strahl Demokratische Republik
  • Information
    • View Profile