Author Topic: 1/24 Extreme Turbine Combat Racer - Kitbash  (Read 40101 times)

November 20, 2012, 11:56:40 PM
Reply #160

NickM

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
    • A3U Gundam
It's like watching a child grow up! ... pretty sure that came out wrong. It's been amazing to follow this build and see all the challenges you faced and overcame. The Racer looks fantastic!

November 22, 2012, 02:38:47 AM
Reply #161

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
8)

Well done! Inspiring idea.....     ;) :D

Thanks wittmann! :-)

It's like watching a child grow up! ... pretty sure that came out wrong. It's been amazing to follow this build and see all the challenges you faced and overcame. The Racer looks fantastic!

Thanks Nick! Its cool I know what you mean, I'm really pleased that even though I felt like it a couple of times I never gave up on it!
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

November 25, 2012, 12:09:18 PM
Reply #162

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Man I am so close to the end now I'm really forcing myself not to rush and screw it up!!

Okay so I got the decals on the side fins, the micro sol is still drying in these photos, I'll seal them with future along with the ones on the body

And I also did the missiles, this has been a behind the scenes headache since day 1! Got the missile tips ground down okay on my make shift lathe, but cutting the thin tube sections I needed was something I have been putting off and off, after numerous cheap tools and failed solutions I decided to cut them by hand and if they aren't perfect so be it.
As it turns out they weren't bad at all, so I trimmed down the missile tipes got them glued in plce, put a small ball of apoxie sculpt in the bottom so I could fiddle with the position and get them paralell with the tube, left them to dry then primed them along with the base panel of the rear turret which still needs paint.

I have now glued on the fron energy cannons, the shield generator dome and removed the masking tape from the windows.

All thats left to do is to paint the base plate of therear turret, then glue it in place, glue the side fins in place, seal all decals with future, paint and attach the missiles and then attach to the stand.

So I think the next thing on the board to do with the racer will be the final pics in the complete gallery!  :-)

Thanks for looking guys hopefull more real soon

'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

November 25, 2012, 02:13:38 PM
Reply #163

Sticky Fingers

• Frankensteiner
  • Information
  • Stickier than thou
    • View Profile
Ooh! Love the dome! :-)
Can't wait for the end of build pics!
"Hang on a minute, lads, I've got a great idea!"

November 25, 2012, 02:31:17 PM
Reply #164

struschie

• Strahl Demokratische Republik
  • Information
    • View Profile
Please don't finish - I loved the WIP so much :)

Awesome thang, dude!

November 26, 2012, 04:17:40 PM
Reply #165

JohnLogan

• Information
  • Karma Gila Monster
    • View Profile
 :-) The more I look at this thing, the more I like it. 8)

November 29, 2012, 12:34:58 AM
Reply #166

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Ooh! Love the dome! :-)
Can't wait for the end of build pics!

Thanks sticky! Its only a small bit but the dome is my favourite part of the model

Please don't finish - I loved the WIP so much :)

Awesome thang, dude!

:lol: Cheers stuschie! It will be weird when I'm done, I feel like this wip has been going on for ages!  :D

:-) The more I look at this thing, the more I like it. 8)

Thanks John  :-)

Will be working on the final bits and pieces at the weekend, so hopefully it will be completed soon

November 29, 2012, 04:16:18 PM
Reply #167

Altitron

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Altitron on DeviantArt
Will you be making a dio for this? She looks beautiful!

- Alty

December 04, 2012, 06:23:21 AM
Reply #168

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Will you be making a dio for this? She looks beautiful!

- Alty

Thanks Alty! No, not a dio, its just going to be on a stand.

All elements are complete now, just needs to be glued together, stuck on the stand then its final photo's time! Everythings pretty hectic at home, haven't had a chance to get any decent time in on it, but It should be all done and dusted at the weekend (fingers crossed!)

December 08, 2012, 12:34:40 PM
Reply #169

Will Vale

• Information
    • View Profile
It's looking just great with the decals, I'm sorry I haven't been commenting for a while but I've been away for three weeks.

Can't wait to see the finished result now :)

Will

December 09, 2012, 09:22:47 PM
Reply #170

struschie

• Strahl Demokratische Republik
  • Information
    • View Profile
I laught out loud, when a 3 yr old boy came yesterday to me with this toy of my son and said: "It's broken - whe are the wings?"

Porsche CK5 1:43 1980 Matchbox Special von struschie auf Flickr

So seeing more in these shapes seems common among the free minded, I think?!

Sorr for spamming in your thead - I thought it was funny :)

December 10, 2012, 06:28:08 AM
Reply #171

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Its finished! Link to the complete listing http://fichtenfoo.net/forum/index.php?topic=6782.msg69865#new

@Will - thats cool dude, and its done so you've timed your return perfectly!  :D

@struschie -  :lol: great minds think alike!

January 14, 2013, 08:13:18 PM
Reply #172

Shawnwatson

The booms sit flush now - looks how it should :)
I like the pod engines and am looking forwad led bulb to see how you blend them in.
Any wings back there?

That looks no bad to meet. You just need to change them to led tail lights
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:44:44 AM by Shawnwatson »