Author Topic: MG Sazabi - DC23 - it's done! THANK YOU!  (Read 8956 times)

October 03, 2010, 06:28:54 PM
Reply #20

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
Ello guys! just taking a break and updating you with my Bandai World Cup entry. My back is aching a bit, my eyes twitching and my hands a bit sore but I am pretty happy with my progress so far. I also do not visit Facebook and play with the games as much and I think I have the momentum to finish this dio today.

However, I will work with the MG Sazabi now and might revisit this diorama around 3rd week of October to see what improvements I could add to it. I ran out of 1mm square and round pla rods so I cut some strips from 3mm pla plates to finish the beams underneath the cat walks.

I will have to buy some supplies soon but for the mean time I think my diorama is 80% to 90 % done. Here are some pics...

More photos in my blog as usual - http://dc23-mecharts.blogspot.com/2010/10/snow-hangar-diorama-90-complete.html

Thanks for dropping by! :)

October 03, 2010, 06:30:01 PM
Reply #21

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
Good morning guys, we are off to my daughter's awarding ceremony at her school so I am blogging early today. As I've said in my previous post, here is a couple of days work done on the MG Sazabi ( while watching Glee ). hihi

I have made a simple attachment for the backpack, basically gluing it to the inverted original MG Sazabi backpack. I also managed to detail the Quebley binders ( highly inspired by Toymaker's Quebley ) and some simple mods on the torso and head parts.

I will have to work and add a bit more to the torso area before moving on the the arms, legs, foot and the rear skirt. Anyways, here are some quick snapshots of my progress so far...

More photos in my blog as usual - http://dc23-mecharts.blogspot.com/2010/10/mg-sazabi-wip-update-100410-backpack.html

Thank you for dropping by!

October 04, 2010, 09:32:44 AM
Reply #22

Major Williams

• Takes his time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • majorwilliams.blogspot.com
Wow!  That is an insane amount of customization!  Looking awesome so far though :D  I can't wait to see what your final product will look like.
Check out my blog for my latest projects and tutorials - http://majorwilliams.blogspot.com

October 04, 2010, 05:56:13 PM
Reply #23

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts

October 04, 2010, 09:25:11 PM
Reply #24

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
Great work again!
I always like how crazy your stuff looks before it's painted, then all comes together really nicely in the finish.
Really cool build!
Throw it Hard

October 05, 2010, 04:52:09 PM
Reply #25

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
@ Grail, yes sir my stuff always look too cluttered during the WIP stages, looks a little better when primed. Thank you! :)

October 09, 2010, 10:42:13 AM
Reply #26

mathai

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mathai
whoa! now thats a backpack :twitch:
all the best with the rest of the stages, can't wait to see the final model.

October 09, 2010, 11:08:52 AM
Reply #27

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
I'll wait until you start priming to see how I really feel, but right now it looks so cluttered with stuff that parts don't make sense to me.

Like others have said your stuff changes a lot with paint and primer so I hope it comes together for you.

Good luck at your bakuc!

October 13, 2010, 06:59:01 AM
Reply #28

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
@ mathai, Thank you sir.  :D

@ mtomczek, Thanks a ton Matt! yeap it always looks cluttered during the modding stage, I hope I pull this off. thanks! :)

October 16, 2010, 06:34:14 AM
Reply #29

5thluna

• No SD, No Gundam!
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • 5thluna
this  is awesome cusomization @@
cant wait til complite !!!

October 25, 2010, 08:28:55 PM
Reply #30

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
@ 5thluna, thanks for the support bro. :D

I primed the parts yesterday with Bosny grey primer as usual and let it cure overnight. I immediately painted the exo and vernier parts after waking up early today. I was also able to do dome post shading on the armor parts. However, I ran out of White paint!

I always hate it whenever I ran out of supplies in the middle of work... I painted the white parts with tan, then post shade with black, then I mist coat with flat white. The parts looks a bit grayish still, but I will get paints today and give this a lighter gray coat soon.

I also have to get a secondary color for the camo pattern. I think I will be done painting this by this week and I will be weathering this and putting decals by weekend. One more weekend before Bandai World Cup and I think I will finish on time. Anyways, here are a few photos of the white armor parts with subtle post shading...
More photos in my blog as usual - http://dc23-mecharts.blogspot.com/2010/10/mg-sazabi-wip-airbrushed.html

October 26, 2010, 03:19:29 AM
Reply #31

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
Now we are looking like something.  Looks like all your mods are coming together nicely Donc.
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

October 26, 2010, 08:17:18 AM
Reply #32

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Looking good. It is starting to look more cohesive now.

A bit of advice though... less plug-ins on your blog. I can barely scroll through it because they make the browser (firefox) chug.

October 27, 2010, 07:20:24 AM
Reply #33

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
@  mvm3897, thanks Matt! luckily there is not much errors in the mods.  ^_^

@ FichtenFoo, Thanks master Foo! Thanks for the advice, I removed 6 plug ins... hopefully the blog works faster now. :)

October 27, 2010, 06:30:47 PM
Reply #34

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
Update time!

This post shows some of the parts assembled together and is ready for detail painting and weathering. Yes, I will do the decal work last, after the detail painting and weathering I will seal this with a nice gloss coat of future and then decal it.

I won't detail paint this kit much though, just a few hints of red and some koto parts painting. I do not want it to look like a huge white Christmas tree with small glittery detail painting of greens, blues and reds. I mean, too much detail painting with so much colors is not my type.

Lastly, I just want to keep a few archive photos of this build before weathering... because after weathering this kit might look worse and not as good as how it looks right now. Actually, I could always  just add decals and photoshop the photos and deemed it as finished, but I really want this one weathered.

I also decided against the camo pattern thingee, as I really like how my subtle shading turned out. I am afraid I do not have enough skills to add shading on the camo pattern and it might just ruin the shading of the white areas. Anyways here are a few photos of the build before weathering...

More photos in my blog as usual - http://dc23-mecharts.blogspot.com/2010/10/glimpse-of-my-mg-sazabi-before.html

October 28, 2010, 07:52:27 AM
Reply #35

Pggasta

• Mr. Dendrobium
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • www.pggasta.com
Wow, really a good build.
I love your detailing technique!!!!
- Piergiorgio -

Pg "Bassman" Sakuragi

"...We are living, living in the nineties
We still fight, fight in the nineties..."

www.pggasta.com

October 31, 2010, 02:37:25 AM
Reply #36

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
I have finished putting decals and weathering of my MG Sazabi today! save some soot effects in a few areas the kit itself is done and ready for November 6! Unfortunately it rained a bit today, thus I was not able to paint the backpack. I will paint both backpack and 1/72 figures tomorrow definitely and try to finish a few days before the event.

Sorry though coz I won't be posting any more photos of my MG Sazabi. Hopefully even though I shared so much in the WIP of this build, There will still be an element of surprise once you guys have seen the whole mech. I will present my " the Gilgamesh project " very soon! thank you as always for the support!

October 31, 2010, 02:55:58 AM
Reply #37

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
Nice foot.  It sure does say "Donc did this"  Looking good.
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

October 31, 2010, 03:44:41 AM
Reply #38

donc0023

• donc0023
  • Information
  • ver DC23
    • View Profile
    • DC23-mech arts
Thanks Matt! cannot wait to do HDR photos of this build... will do your wallpapers on the weekdays. hehehe  :lol:

November 02, 2010, 01:23:11 PM
Reply #39

ZLuca

• I can't remember..
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kallamity.com
Looks awesome!
Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Luca