Author Topic: 1/100 MG NEMO  (Read 2948 times)

May 10, 2009, 08:55:32 AM
Read 2948 times

3E

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi all,
First of all I would like to thank for all admins who give us the chance to share such a huge resource on a common portal.
I am a modeller from Turkey, who generally work on afvs. This is my second gundam kit. It is heavily weathered by pastels, also I applied classic afv weathering techniques like preshading, wash, filtering, drybrushin, chipping. I am sorry for the quality of the photos, since I do not have the enough equipment to get a better set of photo. It would be appreicated so much if you could give your comments.
Regards,
Erol

May 11, 2009, 07:23:01 PM
Reply #1

CasusLuciferi

• Information
    • View Profile
I do not know why no one has commented this. Very classy, and very well done. Good job my friend  :-)

May 11, 2009, 08:24:26 PM
Reply #2

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
Somehow I think a slightly better camera would do the kit justice. The weathering's quite nice, but feels a bit weird in some places, especially the rust.

May 11, 2009, 08:33:06 PM
Reply #3

rayloke

• Information
    • View Profile
yeah agree, a better photography will definitely do this kit justice.

Btw, always admire mecha with weathering. Good job fren! ^_^
sigature removed (violation of forum signature rules)

May 12, 2009, 08:08:16 AM
Reply #4

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
No problem E3, glad you like the place.

First off I think your piece looks technically well done. All the techniques are well done. Paint, weathering, chips, etc...

However for this type of model and in this scale it looks odd. Almost over-done and exaggerated. I find weathering for smaller scales like this difficult as well and haven't seem many people do it convincingly including myself. Partially why I prefer the clean look for this scale.

I think the problem is the silver chips and the rust spots. The silver is very bright and shiny which makes it look more pronounced than it should be. Using a flat medium-light grey would look better. You'd still have the same chipping, but it would look more natural at the scale.

The rust patches/streaks are almost too big and uniformly/symetrically placed. Plus they contrast with the silver chips. The silver chips remind me of aluminum which doesn't rust like ferrous metals. Again, this might just be solved by a different color chip which would make the rust as-is look perfectly fine.

Everything else, like I said looks good. The damages parts are well done as is the paint. The paint has a great natural feel to it. I think that if the silver chips weren't there this would be almost perfectly weathered. Nice work!

May 12, 2009, 08:38:34 AM
Reply #5

3E

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi friends,

Thank you very much for your comments, I will take care of every comment on my next project, and hope to get a quilified camera to take clear shots. I have got what you want to mention regarding weathering  :-) especially on silver chipping.
Have fun and nice days.
Regards,

Erol

May 31, 2009, 12:32:42 PM
Reply #6

uziman477

• Information
    • View Profile
I remember the Nemo, it was my first MG, I like how it looks worn out, for mine, i just dusted it with baby powder to make it look snowy like the box art. My antenna on the head is broken off though.  :doh: