Author Topic: 1/200 Jovian Chronicles Pathfinder Garage Kit  (Read 3719 times)

February 26, 2009, 04:35:55 PM
Read 3719 times

ThuOok

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi!

Well, after toying with many ideas, I've decided to go for another kit. I was given a Master Grade Black Mamba Heavy Gear which is a Black Mamba all in pieces that you can pose the way you want it. The kit that you can buy habitually comes with already posed legs and arm, so you are somehow limited in the final pose. Here's what the Black Mamba looks like:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/somegiantbluelobster/BlackMamba-StrikeVeteran01.jpg

This one was painted by Mason, a member of this forum.

Now, as I mentioned, the one I have is in many many bits. It will also required putty works because the articulations are covered with ballistic clothes. Since it's a small figure, I wanted to upgrade the challenge to keep me busy for the rest of the contest so I'll use the Shin Mush Mobile Suit as an inspiration for it. I'm doing this because this miniature should be entered in another contest which consist of "pimping" a Heavy Gear. She will be the Gear of the number 1 duellist of the "Weird but Tasty" Duelling Team. ("Weird but Tasty" is a restaurant in the Heavy Gear universe.)

I can't take pictures since the batteries died so I need to get new ones but pictures of the parts will be posted as soon as I have new batteries. And the longer I wait to get the batteries, the harder it'll be for me!! :wacko:

Cheers!

Jon
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 11:54:49 AM by ThuOok »
Making the simple complicated is commonplace, making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that\'s creativity. - Charles Mingus

February 27, 2009, 12:02:08 PM
Reply #1

ThuOok

• Information
    • View Profile
Just to say that I've change my entry 'cause I just got this:

http://store.dp9.com/product_info.php?products_id=32

Wasn't expecting it to arrive this week! I got some batteries too so here's my proof:

Off to start working on that Exo-armour!

Cheers!

Jon
Making the simple complicated is commonplace, making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that\'s creativity. - Charles Mingus

March 01, 2009, 01:13:47 PM
Reply #2

ThuOok

• Information
    • View Profile
So far, all I did was giving the pieces a Castrol Superclean bath! And now, that's what awaits me:

I also have the 1/200 Syreen that will be built later but I'm thinking of having both on display in some sort of diorama. I'm still thinking on how I'll do this but that's the plan. Each will have it's own base but both bases, when placed next to each other, will create the diorama. I'm thinking of having the Syreen coming through a hull breach to scan the ship wreck for any threats and will end up facing a pirate Pathfinder that was looking for abandoned precious goods.

Now, I still need to remove flashes and mold lines but I could resist trying to pose the figure... which turns out to be a nightmare! :doh: Even if I used lost of bluetac, the parts a too heavy for it. But I was able to quickly take those pics before it started falling apart!

The idea is that the pilot is shooting at a Syreen which is coming from above. I'm not sure I'll have the Pathfinder standing on some wreck or a pile of crates... I think it'll look better if the exo-armour is in a "floating" position, shooting and about to dodge incoming fire from the Syreen. One thing for sure, this baby will require some heavy pinning.

More to come!

Jon

March 01, 2009, 04:21:29 PM
Reply #3

ThuOok

• Information
    • View Profile
I've got some comments on the "John Travolta" pose and I'm actually thinking of calling the diorama "Staying Alive!"

:lol:

Jon
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:21:48 PM by ThuOok »

March 01, 2009, 04:31:38 PM
Reply #4

Marc

• Information
  • FFF Staff
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Cool lil' kit! I like the feet!
Give it its gun back and make it Saturday Night Massacre :D

March 18, 2009, 01:46:09 PM
Reply #5

ThuOok

• Information
    • View Profile
Well, I forfeit. I have too much left to do before finishing it and I don't want to rush it. I'm actually gonna prepare the other Jovian Chronicles kit that I have so I can make a really nice duel between the Parthfinder and the Syreen.

Oh well, better luck next time!

Jon

PS Good luck to all that have and will have finished.