Author Topic: Feed Belts - you help decide!  (Read 3988 times)

October 18, 2008, 07:52:05 AM
Read 3988 times

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
Alright, so I'm in talks with my Korean distributor, about bringing back the FeedBelt.  It's still one of the most popular items I've ever carried, and I still get questions about it to this day, about whether it will ever be back in stock.  Unfortunately, we were not able to find an exact replacement for the original FeedBelt, but we have found 10 options for a replacement - and this is where you guys come in.  I have a general idea which ones would be most popular, but I need your opinion to know for sure.  So please, vote for your favorite!  Have more than one favorite?  You can vote more than once (3 times total, actually).  Now, onto the contestants!

FeedBelt 01
This entry is rectangular in cross section, measuring about 2mm x 1mm.  The belt has great flexibility in the vertical direction - bending to about a 3.5cm diameter - and has limited side to side bendability, in the 10cm range.

FeedBelt 02
This entry is rectangular in cross section, measuring about 4mm x 1mm.  The belt has great flexibility in the vertical direction - bending to about a 3.5cm diameter - and has very limited side to side bendability.

FeedBelt 03
This entry is rectangular in cross section, measuring about 5mm x 1mm.  The belt has great flexibility in the vertical direction - bending to about a 4cm diameter - and has extremely limited side to side bendability.

FeedBelt 04
This entry is rectangular in cross section, measuring about 6mm x 1mm.  The belt has great flexibility in the vertical direction - bending to about a 3.5cm diameter - and has extremely limited side to side bendability.

FeedBelt 05
This entry is rectangular in cross section, measuring about 4mm x 2mm, with a smaller segment connecting the larger parts of the belt.  The belt has great flexibility in the vertical direction - bending to about a 2.5cm diameter - and has very good side to side bendability, bending to about a 5.0cm diameter.

FeedBelt 06
This entry is rectangular in cross section, measuring about 6mm x 2mm, with a smaller segment connecting the larger parts of the belt.  The belt has great flexibility in the vertical direction - bending to about a 2.0cm diameter - and has very good side to side bendability, bending to about a 3.0cm diameter.

FeedBelt 07
This entry is rectangular in cross section, measuring about 10mm x 3mm, with a smaller segment connecting the larger parts of the belt.  The belt has great flexibility in the vertical direction - bending to about a 2.5cm diameter - and has good side to side bendability, bending to about a 10cm diameter.

FeedBelt 08
This entry is more oval in cross section, measuring about 4mm x 2mm.  The belt has great flexibility in all directions, having a bend diameter of about 1.5cm in either direction.

FeedBelt 09
This entry is more oval in cross section, measuring about 5 x 2mm.  The belt has good flexibility in all directions, having a bend diameter of about 2.5cm in either direction.

FeedBelt 10
This entry is more oval in cross section, measuring about 6mm x 2mm.  The belt has great flexibility in all directions, having a bend diameter of about 2.0cm in either direction.

October 18, 2008, 09:26:48 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Looks like 7 is a hit and the one I'd prefer the most too. The first ones look good as well.

8,9, and 10 do nothing for me.

October 18, 2008, 10:05:52 AM
Reply #2

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
7 is good, but it looks pretty boring and non-functional. I voted for 8. 9 and 10 are cool, but a bit too organic. They would be good Vajra feed belts.

Here's the real thing:
http://www.cybermodeler.net/aircraft/a-10/images/avenger_13.jpg
http://www.cybermodeler.com/aircraft/a-10/a-10_gau-8.shtml

"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

October 18, 2008, 12:23:02 PM
Reply #3

Sticky Fingers

• Frankensteiner
  • Information
  • Stickier than thou
    • View Profile
3, 7 and 10. A diverse choice for multiple projects!
"Hang on a minute, lads, I've got a great idea!"

October 18, 2008, 07:35:30 PM
Reply #4

chaos_theory

• Is Boldy Going Nowhere
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • I think he did a little too much LDS in the 60's
    • View Profile
6 has some great flexability and a sweet asthetic

and cuz the GAU-8 is freakin' sweet

EDIT: I meant to do this as a thumbnail cuz of some language, sorry :wacko:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 10:08:02 AM by chaos_theory »
"Don't tell me. You're from outer space."
"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."

October 21, 2008, 08:09:35 PM
Reply #5

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Time to get some bling to hang around my neck.  :razz:

3, 7, and 10 could be useful for a variety of projects.

October 21, 2008, 08:55:24 PM
Reply #6

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
6 has some great flexability and a sweet asthetic

and cuz the GAU-8 is freakin' sweet

EDIT: I meant to do this as a thumbnail cuz of some language, sorry :wacko:

I love it!  :lol: Their ears were bleeding... I love the A-10, and the GAU-8. I have one of Fulcy's old feed belts and I'm savin' it for a GAU-8.
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

October 22, 2008, 07:08:17 PM
Reply #7

BossJenks

• EOD Tech
  • Information
    • View Profile
Yeah, like everyone else that has commented, 7 is the most realistic. I don't have images to post of it, but it is most reminiscent of the belts used on UH-1 Huey's with on-board gatlings, as well as the OH-6 Loach/Cayuse gunships that are very well depicted in the movie Black Hawk Down. However, 6 is cool too, but I don't think I could use 8-10 for anything, except for a necklace or something.

As for the GAU.....it slows the A-10 down when they fire it... 'tis the object of my affection in the "Unfair Weapons" field.
"We dine well here in Camelot, we eat Ham and Jam and Spam-alot!!"