Author Topic: Playing with your models  (Read 8294 times)

April 23, 2008, 04:59:13 AM
Reply #20

Cosmic J

• Information
    • View Profile
No Touching.

I was once showing a model off to a friend, and explaining that the grill screens were not actually there, just painted to look real. So he decided to test my theory by attempting to jam his finger through the grill.  :twitch:

We don't hang out anymore...

April 24, 2008, 02:05:53 AM
Reply #21

mathis478

• [Automata]
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Maru
That's a bit much. Modeling is something I do in my free time to relax and while I enjoy it, the hobby isn't worth getting upset or losing a friend over.

As for the topic at hand, each completed kit goes on the shelf where I can admire it, but I guess I've lost the necessary skill to 'play' with anything.
Trust the robot.

April 28, 2008, 07:10:32 PM
Reply #22

Cosmic J

• Information
    • View Profile
That's a bit much. Modeling is something I do in my free time to relax and while I enjoy it, the hobby isn't worth getting upset or losing a friend over.

Oh, it was more than that one incident that ruined the friendship. That particular incident was just a symptom...   :embarrased:

May 08, 2008, 12:33:28 PM
Reply #23

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
I 'play' with it by using a kit that I wasn't particularly/fully satisfied with, and use it as parts for kitbashing for another kit. Taking account that I have 100+ kits that fit that category.....  :twitch:

Needless to say, most of them are in boxes, as I share my room with my brother. Lack of space, yeah?

May 11, 2008, 01:37:37 AM
Reply #24

deathworld_Dragon

• Mr. Hobby Dragon
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Bakuc profile and gallery
This might sound weird to you guys but I like to model my gundam's in a static pose and attached to a base. I find I touch my model so much as I build it I leave it alone when it is finished. I also found being an ex-wargamming modeler I build my kits nice and tough so the paint wont wear off easily or break if handled. I prefer my models not to be touched but if things break they can be always fixed, right...
"It looks like a Gundam..."
    "Only real men pilots Zakus..."