Author Topic: The-O color scheme  (Read 3323 times)

March 13, 2005, 10:24:07 PM
Read 3323 times

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi guys!! This is what I'm rushing for the HGUC Comp right now, actually already finished moding some parts, but I din got a digicam to take a few shot of it.

Btw, I can't find enuf info about this kit (I mean thie finished kit by difference ppl),
i tot some diference color scheme for it since I never saw any Titans color scheme on "The-O" except Evo one.

So any comments are welcome.

Titans color scheme.... The - O

March 13, 2005, 10:57:50 PM
Reply #1

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
I like it, especially the yellow trim on the skirt armor.  The light blue is interesting choice though.  8)

March 14, 2005, 12:30:55 AM
Reply #2

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Major Blah"
I like it, especially the yellow trim on the skirt armor.  The light blue is interesting choice though.  8)

Thanx Major!!! Glad U like it!
At first, I also want to follow the original dark blue Titans scheme, but I tot this was a kit for a small scale kits comp, if the color is too dark, it may be not atractive than other entry, so just lihtening the color & add in some puple to make this kit a bit brightness....

But one of my fren said that the color is too light compare to the original Titans ver.

What do U think?  :)

March 14, 2005, 03:29:24 AM
Reply #3

fulcy

• Genius is never understood in its own time
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechaskunk.com
I like the idea of going with a titan's color scheme, but I agree - the light blue is kinda...  I dunno.  Just correct me if I'm wrong - The-O is in 1/144 scale, and it is still huge (as big as a Master Grade model), correct?  Maybe a darker blue won't be that bad, since it is a bigger HGUC...

March 14, 2005, 06:05:52 AM
Reply #4

keenix

• Information
  • FFF Staff
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keenix.com
Looks great! I really like how you altered the Titan's paint scheme. The yellow is a great accent for the light and dark blue colors. I also like the decals and how you placed them on the kit. The "PMX 03" looks great on the skirt armor.

March 14, 2005, 06:26:19 AM
Reply #5

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
I like it and the light really doesn't bother me since you've got the dark in other sopts. The only thing that looks off is that gold semi-circle on the left shoulder. Is a decal going there? It looks out of place. Aside from that I like it.  :D

March 14, 2005, 08:03:47 AM
Reply #6

fugu

• Information
    • View Profile
I like your lighter color scheme because to me it brings out the lines of the mech without too much darkening of the panel lines and the rather bland(for me) mostly yellow scheme(original?) I've seen. Unless it's judged by how close it is to the canon Titans color scheme I don't seethe lightness being a negative factor. Decals look tight also though a couple more would be even better. :D
..hmm, I'm supposed to type something witty here...

March 14, 2005, 12:05:23 PM
Reply #7

Bannock Cullen

• Information
    • View Profile
Its a very nice take on the Titans scheme, and it suits the machine well, nice work.
n my time, nightmares walked among us, walked and danced, skewering victims in plain sight, laying their fears and worst desires out for everyone to see. This...to make us laugh.

-Illyria

March 14, 2005, 01:15:42 PM
Reply #8

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Quote from: "erix93"
But one of my fren said that the color is too light compare to the original Titans ver.

What do U think?  :)

My honest opinion would be that it's not too "light" but it is not "blue enough".  I don't know how to put it in words but there are a few shades of baby-blue and this one is not the most blue one... :shock:  :?   I'm lost myself too :D

Well, play around and do what suits you.  I'm sure the result would be great!  We all know what you are capable of.

March 14, 2005, 09:53:33 PM
Reply #9

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi guys! Sorry for the late reply, my boardband was down this morning..... :(

fulcy
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the idea of going with a titan's color scheme, but I agree - the light blue is kinda... I dunno. Just correct me if I'm wrong - The-O is in 1/144 scale, and it is still huge (as big as a Master Grade model), correct? Maybe a darker blue won't be that bad, since it is a bigger HGUC...

Heheheh....actually it's still smaller than a MG RX-78.....but I'll take note on the color,
I think I'll do something on it when I do the airbrushing. Thanx, fren. :D

keenix
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject:
Looks great! I really like how you altered the Titan's paint scheme. The yellow is a great accent for the light and dark blue colors. I also like the decals and how you placed them on the kit. The "PMX 03" looks great on the skirt armor.

Thanx! About the decoals on skirt.....hmmm.... actually I din got any decals of this kit,
I only planning to use the "lettraset" which I bought it few set with typo only......
I'll try my best on it, just hope the result din gon too far from this pic.  :P

FichtenFoo
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject:
I like it and the light really doesn't bother me since you've got the dark in other sopts. The only thing that looks off is that gold semi-circle on the left shoulder. Is a decal going there? It looks out of place. Aside from that I like it.

Heheheheh...thanx Master FF. About the "semi-circl" there was a MG Zaku 1 shoulder part, I mod it already, it's totally difference looks compare to this original mecha.....the semi-circle line was come together with that par too. Iwas planning to put a skeleton head decal on it (from Macross kit). But I can't find something similar to put it on the pic....

Hmmm....what should I say.....think if I can only show some progress pics..... :shock:

P/S: Pardon my english..... :oops:

fugu
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:
I like your lighter color scheme because to me it brings out the lines of the mech without too much darkening of the panel lines and the rather bland(for me) mostly yellow scheme(original?) I've seen. Unless it's judged by how close it is to the canon Titans color scheme I don't seethe lightness being a negative factor. Decals look tight also though a couple more would be even better.

Thanx! Mr. Fugu......hehehhehehehe.....I'll put more sticker & decals on it...but this pic was just a visual only........ :lol:  (Lazy to type a lot & put it on the pic.....) :P

Its a very nice take on the Titans scheme, and it suits the machine well, nice work.

Thanx Ban!!! But still need to see the final result on this kit.......than we know .... :oops:

Major Blah
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject:
erix93 wrote:

What do U think?

My honest opinion would be that it's not too "light" but it is not "blue enough". I don't know how to put it in words but there are a few shades of baby-blue and this one is not the most blue one...   I'm lost myself too  

Well, play around and do what suits you. I'm sure the result would be great! We all know what you are capable of.

Wow wow wow.....!!! That's makes me got more & more plesure.........
Okay!! Will take note of the color when I doing the airbrushing.......

Thanx for the info & comments guys!!!!!  :lol:  Hope I can finish the kit before May.  :P