Author Topic: MSA-0011-XXXX PLAN303E Deepstriker Perfect Custom  (Read 19699 times)

October 27, 2008, 09:37:03 PM
Read 19699 times

vic01

• Gundamer
  • Information
  • MG Super Strike Freedom Gundam
    • View Profile
Hi! Finally, I finished my latest work. MG Ex-S + G-System DeepStriker Conversion + Scratchbuilds and modifications.

Hope you enjoy the pics guys! ;)

MSA-0011-XXXX [Ext-Bst]
PLAN303E DeepStriker Perfect Custom
Ver. vic01

Cockpit opens up

Cannon Body

I-Field connected by strong magnets

My custom circuit for the chest. I used the green LED of the G-System, soldered to the wires connected at the back propellant. The upper propellant houses the batteries and the switch. I mod the propellant using a magnet so that I can open it and change the batteries if needed.

Lights on!

More pics!

Weapons

Cruiser ship Mega Particle Cannon, 2x Rail Guns, 2x Incoms, 2x Beam sabers, I-Field Generator, and Beam Smart Gun

With my SOC Daimos and MG Wing Wing Zero ver. vic01

With my Ex-S Gundam

Building this is a challenge, mostly the chest. Painting is also a challenge, lots of masking, lots of touch-ups because of paint bleedings, and first time to paint metals w/c were a headache too. I am glad to finish another kit, and this time, it's massive! Building the stand using acrylics and a paper towel stand is fun too, never made one before. Thank you for viewing, and thanks for checking out my WIP, I hope you enjoyed the time! This won't be my last, hehe!

vic01

October 28, 2008, 06:47:24 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
What can I say besides "DAAAAMMMMMMNNNN!!!!!"?

Looks awesome! Very detailed, huge and lots of niucely modified parts. If I had one complaint it's that you should paint the sensors their light-up color. The chest green for example. That way you still get the nice color interest when the lights are off. Otherwise it looks like something's missing. It took me a bit looking through the first images to figure out what was going on, then I remembered the lights.

The colors look great too as do the decals. Nice work!

October 28, 2008, 07:03:22 AM
Reply #2

AnatoleFarmond

• Fairly Useless
  • Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
 :twitch:
Whoa, that's awesome.
You know, watching the build I kind of just looked at the LED Pictures. (Maybe because they are pretty?) But now that I have seen the final piece I am blown away. This model is really beastly, I mean... it really came out with your 'Ver.Vic' Style like in your Wing Zero you did not too long ago. The colors are great, and that bit of gray on the face is really cool. The frosting at the end of the cannon looks neat as well, and all the LEDs (Expecially the orange inside the cannon) Outstanding effort, Outstanding build, I sure hope this gets model of the month, or runner up because it's really a really great build.

Ah, one more note: I was overwhelmed by the busyness of the kit, but when you slow down and really examine the pictures it has a lot of aesthetic splendor and it make the eye really flow through all the parts, something new to appreciate on every detail.
"No matter how good you get, there will always be someone better than yourself." ~ Char Aznable

October 28, 2008, 09:31:21 AM
Reply #3

markjenn0219

• Information
    • View Profile
hehe pare d2 pede na mag mura hehe. tang ina pare lupit mo. idol talaga hehe :lol:

October 28, 2008, 09:47:05 AM
Reply #4

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
hehe pare d2 pede na mag mura hehe. tang ina pare lupit mo. idol talaga hehe :lol:
English please. :sarcasm:

October 28, 2008, 09:53:15 AM
Reply #5

aspexx

• Information
    • View Profile
amazing work!
very nice interpretation of ex-s + deepstriker
simply a beast!!

October 29, 2008, 10:19:22 AM
Reply #6

vic01

• Gundamer
  • Information
    • View Profile
Thank you everyone!!! My pleasure and glad you guys liked it!

@fichtenfoo: Thank you sir! W/o this forum I cannot get any ideas to finish this model. As i saw from the other people's comments, it's all about the transluscent plastic in the chest. I guess you guys were right, it needs painting to have a look while the LED is off. I'll paint it tom, hehe! We'll see, plus i forgot some other part to put in the groin, haha! I think it fell off coz I forgot to glue it. Will post pic.

@anatole: Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it! I just tried harder to change the looks and be unique in every aspect.

@markjenn: Haha! in english! Thanks man! :evil:

@aspexx: Thanks aspexx! ;)

vic01

October 30, 2008, 06:29:51 AM
Reply #7

redcross

• Information
    • View Profile

October 30, 2008, 07:17:20 AM
Reply #8

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
RESPECT
SPAM

please read forum rules regarding posting and constructive criticism.

October 30, 2008, 05:08:10 PM
Reply #9

5thluna

• No SD, No Gundam!
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • 5thluna
THIS IS JUST SO AMAZING JOB :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:
how i love to see this in my real eyes!
modifications are awesome ,needless to say, but i do love the tone of red color in some parts.
very clean neat work.
conglats

October 30, 2008, 07:00:36 PM
Reply #10

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
So I am going to be the only nay-sayer it seems...

I really don't like the legs on the deepstriker. There is something about them, it just throws the whole thing off for me.

I love the paint job, color choices, and build quality, those are spot-on as usual. However, the legs..... it just looks odd.

I'll try and figure out how to explain it more, but right now I just can't put my finger on it.

October 31, 2008, 12:48:53 PM
Reply #11

laborman

• Information
    • View Profile
yeah i like :))))

good mix and good paint work ;)

November 01, 2008, 11:33:43 PM
Reply #12

vic01

• Gundamer
  • Information
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone for the comments! Glad to hear your opinions and what you think about the DS custom. I can say this is the best so far from my works. I tried to finish it as clean as possible, but there are still uncleaned areas. I tried to paint the chest sensor w/ light green and it looks better than w/o the paint. I wanted to paint all the clear plastics for the LED but I already glued it and I don't want to mess it up.

Again, thanks for viewing! ;)

vic01

November 02, 2008, 07:00:36 AM
Reply #13

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
That does look much better now. Nice!

November 04, 2008, 05:12:11 PM
Reply #14

Mechanoid Paranoid

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechapinoy.net

Dude, I do wish you avoid using profanity in local parlance in forums.  It's reflective of your attitude.

Anyway, vic, you really took time and effort in building that one!  And with the LED effects, the model really stood out!

How does the model weigh anyway?  :D
I'm waiting for the price to go down.....

November 04, 2008, 05:31:27 PM
Reply #15

mechapinoyboy

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mechapinoy.net
Truly an impressive piece of work. I think that the kicker about the legs is in the way they're colored. other than that, it's very nice, clean and detailed.
ww.mechapinoy.net

November 07, 2008, 11:23:20 PM
Reply #16

vic01

• Gundamer
  • Information
    • View Profile
Thanks very much guys! ;)

Just trying to improve my modeling bit by bit. I guess for my next model, it is time to finish some dirty model. I already tried to paint my Star wars vehicles Millennium Falcon and X-Wing w/ drybrushing and pre-shading technique.

BTW, the model weights more than 5lbs, not including the base. :-)

Thanks for viewing!

vic01

November 09, 2008, 11:08:01 PM
Reply #17

vic01

• Gundamer
  • Information
    • View Profile
Thank you for making my model the winner of October's Model of the Month! This is totally great, awesome experience! Thanks for appreciating my latest Gundam.

vic01

November 10, 2008, 04:11:50 AM
Reply #18

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
 :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

Really can't find any wording from my dictionary to relief my feeling to your kit...
simply amazing!!!

I like how U mod on the torso!!! The piston are just so feet the overall custom design!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

November 10, 2008, 06:38:41 AM
Reply #19

RECHIE

• Information
    • View Profile
Sir vic, your work never ceases to amaze me!  ;) and now your going international!  :yeah: your work makes me proud to be a filipino!  keep it up!  :number1