Author Topic: Kampfer - Zeon Special Forces [Black Ops Unit 6]  (Read 20139 times)

July 19, 2006, 04:02:30 PM
Read 20139 times

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Here's my next project. Another Amazon cheapie, the Kampfer. This will have a lot of the same style mods I used on the ZGM and Gelgoog. First up: Shotgun!

http://fichtenfoo.com/02GiantRobots/02b-Kampfer.htm

July 19, 2006, 04:30:42 PM
Reply #1

DarkChii78

• Information
    • View Profile
Can't wait to see what you do with this one FF  :) . I've always liked the design of the Kampfer and I think the dark color scheme will fit it really well. I have one question though as I'm new to the whole "modding" thing. To replace the plastic pieces of the shotgun with the metal rods, did you have to cut the plastic pieces out, or were they already seperate pieces?

July 19, 2006, 05:10:34 PM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Yeah, I had to hack that whole gun apart. The rod was molded in.

July 19, 2006, 07:40:20 PM
Reply #3

Chopper Dave

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://chopperdave.minitokyo.net
Im really excited to see what you will do with this FF! Ive always been a big fan of the Kampfer and im sure you will only improve on the design! ^_^

July 20, 2006, 04:19:17 AM
Reply #4

orange

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://toymaker-inc.blogspot.com/
Sound interesting!  :D  Looking forward to the interesting modds you might think of.

Any new weaponary? like a boozoka or shoulder mounted cannons? Sorry just something I would like to see.  :evil:

July 20, 2006, 04:52:11 AM
Reply #5

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Quote from: "orange"
Any new weaponary? like a boozoka or shoulder mounted cannons? Sorry just something I would like to see.  :evil:

Definitely new additions to this kit... can't give it all away at once though! :evil:

July 20, 2006, 06:32:37 AM
Reply #6

Maschinen Krueger

• Information
  • Ma.K Off!
    • View Profile
    • Krueger's Krieger
Quote from: "FichtenFoo"

Definitely new additions to this kit... can't give it all away at once though! :evil:

good, cause I didn't think it could take out a whole ship with a shotgun. :lol:  Can K's go in space? I love my K build, I have it displayed at the LHS, next to my RGM-79N. It's kinda fun to overhear people say,"Wow, look at those."

Those shotguns remind me of lineart for a Zaku that sported a shotgun and a short length of those magnetic mines. I always wanted to mod my old Zaku  to that config.
I wonder about the guy that can sit through a David Lynch movie and say, "I saw that coming."

Krueger's Krieger

July 20, 2006, 04:13:49 PM
Reply #7

Artic Fox

• Information
    • View Profile
In the game Encounters In Space, in one of the missions for the throughbred, you battle a kampfer in space, damn, it's tough in space.

July 20, 2006, 05:09:18 PM
Reply #8

Cmdr Harabec

• Information
    • View Profile
In Ecole du Ciel's 3rd Volume, you see the YMS-18 Prototype Kampfer in space.

Always been a big fan of the Kampfer. :D Made my own custom version a few years ago, but it looks.. terrible.

July 21, 2006, 11:21:40 AM
Reply #9

Mass Production model

• Information
    • View Profile
FF are you going to have the same amount of your own custom weapons for your version as there are in the stock model kit?

July 21, 2006, 12:35:18 PM
Reply #10

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Maschinen Krueger: Well, the chain mine I think is for Anti-ship use. Mine will have 2 sets of them thanks to Zerobxu. Plus the bazookas could do some damage. Any pics of that Zaku build?

Cmdr: I picked up vol 3 a few weeks ago and still haven't read it. Now I gotta!

MPM: Not exactly...

At the moment I'm stalled on this project. I think I have gotten a bit of burn-out having finished so many things recently. :-( Plus I'm at the point where I can't move forward till I pick up some misc. bits from Fulcy like those CO2 tanks. So for the moment this project is on hold till I get what I need to continue. But to whet your pallets, here's the full list of what I have planned weapon-wise.

"Stock" Weapons:
  • Modify 2 Bazookas to be like Zaku Bazooka I did for ZGM. Also make back open up to reveal the standard 5 rounds in at least one of them.
  • Modify 2 Shotguns to have sliding "pumpers" and metal barrels.
  • Modify chain mines to actually BE magnetic. (reason below)

Added Stuff:
  • Make "Kampfer Kart" similar to how the Dodai carries a Gouf, but for space. K will stand on it. This is what those CO2 cartridges are for.
  • Make 2 half circle "racks" for chain mines attachable to either "kart" or bazooka mounts.
  • Make missile tubes similar to those on MaK Gans. These will be attachable to either sturmfaust mounts on legs or "kart"

And there's the big secret! Sound like fun? Here's my inspiration for the Kart and racks. The 2 large things on the side will be similar to what is under the feet. And the mine rack will look like that one. Mine will not look at all like this big backpack thing when done, but more like an MS standing on a spaceship/chariot. I just need to figure out how to make the large rounded/hollow rectangles.

July 21, 2006, 12:43:48 PM
Reply #11

Kaiser

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sto-rrf.com
Ah i see ure idea for the C02 tanks now sounds interesting looking forward to seeing how do it.

July 21, 2006, 01:17:59 PM
Reply #12

fredpekker

• Information
    • View Profile
whoa. :shock:   Fulcy, please send the man whatever it is he needs.  :D  This looks like its gonna be interesting.

July 21, 2006, 07:11:23 PM
Reply #13

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Heh... after posting all that (and working a bit on my Nausicaa Mowe) I got a second wind and started on the mine rack. I think the "cog" looking part was the most intricate piece I ever cut from a sheet of styrene. I'm very proud. I'll try to have this cast so that I can have 2 for the "Kart" and maybe for sale as well since it could be used for any MS.

More info:
http://fichtenfoo.com/02GiantRobots/02b-Kampfer.htm

Another mine rack:

July 22, 2006, 02:55:32 PM
Reply #14

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Here's some more shots of the mine rack.

July 23, 2006, 10:15:23 AM
Reply #15

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
The rack looks really nice.  I've always thought the K looks awkward when holding the chian mines, this will improve it drastically.  What material is used to create the ribbed curve part?

July 23, 2006, 10:37:34 AM
Reply #16

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Really cool project...nice rack :razz:
I also have the project of doing something inspired by this Xeku.
I have 3 other scans of it if you don't already have them.

July 23, 2006, 12:42:48 PM
Reply #17

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Thanks guys! The ribbed part is a thin slice of ribbed-shaped styrene used for "metal siding".

Ez: I have the other scans and 2 more from the Kampfer pic as well. Thanks anyway!

July 23, 2006, 05:51:00 PM
Reply #18

oteebzo

• Information
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to see your other scans to please?