Author Topic: Gundam RX-78-2 - Girlie Style  (Read 1517 times)

June 21, 2006, 09:42:28 PM
Read 1517 times

bhop73

• Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bhop73.com/main
Why girlie style you might ask?  

Well, allow me to explain. I bought this model when I first met my girlfriend over 3 years ago for her to build.  She picked the colors, we did a photoshop mockup of it and she started building it.  She got about 90% done with it, airbrush painting the dark blue and the red, but then she wussed out and got bored and I stuck it in a box.  That is, until this week.  After I finished my Mitsubishi Eclipse model, I decided i'd finish it up since it was just a little paint.  So I dusted it off and sprayed away.  

It actually was pretty simple.  Since we were making it all beat up and war-torn (she gave it a lot of damage with my dremel and a hot knife before painting started), all the headaches that go with trying to keep a model clean of fingerprints and smudges weren't there, which made it a quick finish.

So here it is, in all its glory.  I suppose it's a collaboration job, but it's finished after 3 years...  enjoy.

June 21, 2006, 10:16:44 PM
Reply #1

Artic Fox

• Information
    • View Profile
that is a cool color scheme

June 22, 2006, 05:38:00 AM
Reply #2

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
I like the name!

Well the color scheme is different, a bit of real-type flare to it, but I think the chest color a bit light (that's just me).  Must've been a fun build.

June 22, 2006, 06:56:36 AM
Reply #3

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Looks like she did a nice job with the modeling part of it. Not sure I dig the colors, but it's a good build nonetheless. 8)

June 23, 2006, 06:22:42 AM
Reply #4

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
It almost looks like an alternate color scheme for an RX-78-1. I like it. I also like the fact that this isn't a color scheme that we've seen 100 times over on a RX-78-2 in some way, shape or form before. I personally like to see a lot of well-placed markings/decals on kits (even 1/144's, if possible), so it's a little under-marked for my preferences. The weathering and damage all look good--a little heavy, but not so heavy that it wrecks the effect.

I've got a MG Qubeley that's been sitting in the closet for the better part of a year and a half--partially built--I think you're inspiring us to clean out our closets.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers