Author Topic: MG F.A.Z.Z. Sentinel Version  (Read 2873 times)

May 08, 2006, 06:31:45 PM
Read 2873 times

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile
Ok, so my project of the year will be the MG F.A.Z.Z. Sentinel version. Basically OOB with some minor mods. The paint scheme might vary from here to there and there will be some little add ons. Sorry for the horrible photos  :oops: . need a better camera. Any Good cheap suggestions?

Some pics:

More pics tomorrow afternoon.

Enjoy!
ou don't need to be hot to model, You just need the right tools.

"I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'"
  - Jay Leno

May 09, 2006, 05:54:29 AM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Best Buy has Nikon Coolpix for ~$150 for a 4-5 megapixel. I use a 4mp Coolpix 4600.

May 09, 2006, 06:34:28 AM
Reply #2

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
From what I see, your camera is fine, just use flash or setup a tripod to avoid camera shake.

Looks great btw, keep us posted on the progress ;)

May 09, 2006, 12:17:01 PM
Reply #3

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile
Quick little update  :lol:! I started my first mod, it's a 2 mm gold coiled wire that I got from my little cousin (from a bead making set!) and it works perfectly.Some of the seam marks are going to be a pain and a half due to the fact that some seams are actually important. heres the photos:

these are some ofthe coiled wires along with the stock wires for the FAZZ.

rear view with the leg added on.

front view.

Mods to the waist pipe.

another view.

this shows the lack of flexability, I have a feeling that this will come back to haunt me when it comes to a possible dio.

"I went into a McDonald's yesterday and said, 'I'd like some fries.' The girl at the counter said, 'Would you like some fries with that?'"
  - Jay Leno

May 10, 2006, 06:27:08 AM
Reply #4

WhiteBase

• Information
    • View Profile
Heh... that last pic look like some funky dance move! Groovy  :lol:

May 10, 2006, 12:48:50 PM
Reply #5

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile
so I was cutting one of the male pegs today, and i accidentally cut open my finger. while accidentally bleeding over the cockpit hatch, i thought up a cool paint scheme, funny how things fall into place. The paint scheme will be black with red on some of the parts like the cockpit hatch  :lol: . the inner frame will be the same as the outer. I'm also going to make some of the smaller pieces silver like the antenna. thank god I have silver pipe for the waist part. The new name is gonna be  :evil: FAZZ Devil custom  :evil:

- Jay Leno

May 14, 2006, 11:45:51 AM
Reply #6

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile
ok big update i think. so, I'm practicallyexept for the leg armor. I found an old project sitting around and thought i'd add to the diorama. it's basically a GM with some little mods. I also started work on the diorama. it's basically a bay with a possible launcher. i put some 1/100 wave figures in but they were from way back when i was a newbie. so, i might scrap'em and get new ones. if you look closely on the FAZZ, you can see 2 of the maintence crew working on him. i think I'll be ready for prime and paint in a few days. here's the pics. sorry for for the same angle thing.

enjoy!

- Jay Leno

May 23, 2006, 06:12:07 PM
Reply #7

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile
Finished the build, pics of that tomorrow, but I have a question, should I prime this guy before paint or should I just put my topcoat on?

- Jay Leno

May 23, 2006, 06:57:09 PM
Reply #8

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Quote from: "G-Sentinel"
Finished the build, pics of that tomorrow, but I have a question, should I prime this guy before paint or should I just put my topcoat on?

Definitely prime.

May 30, 2006, 05:31:06 PM
Reply #9

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile

- Jay Leno

May 30, 2006, 05:59:56 PM
Reply #10

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Gahhh! I wish I could model blurry like that. My kits have that awful habit of coming out clear. I HATE that! :razz:

But it's good to see progress. The shield gun looks interesting. Single shot?

May 30, 2006, 07:37:21 PM
Reply #11

G-Sentinel

• Information
    • View Profile
Yea, talk about my bad photo taking skills. I really need a better camera.The main reason for the blurryness is due to the fact of my snap and move on to the next pic method. I own the 5.0 Mp cana\on powershot S50 and althought it takes amazing family photos and the such, it can't zoom for !@#$. Anyways, what I was planning on doing for the shield was a shield when at regular size, attack mode, would be a triple barrel machine gun with some missle pods on the side, and has stabilizer (sorry for such poor spelling) wings that, when the shield is in long mode, or defense mode, could fold down to complete the shield into one big shield. Not a bad idea?

- Jay Leno

May 30, 2006, 07:40:13 PM
Reply #12

Artic Fox

• Information
    • View Profile
on the camera, use the macro mode, looks like a flower thingy, it's great for close-ups

May 31, 2006, 05:38:32 AM
Reply #13

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes