Author Topic: quick question on the Crystal Ver RX-78-2  (Read 2683 times)

December 07, 2006, 10:48:29 AM
Read 2683 times

heavyarmscustom

• Information
    • View Profile
hey guy's
this is a lame question and I think i may have jumped the gun on this
but I aquired the RX78-2 crystal version gundam thih the idea that i was going to do an inner frame paint job and have the clear armor over it
now the question
I also have a rx78-2 version 1.5 on order and i was hopping someone could tell me if they are compatable?
as i do not have the kit in my crazy little fingers yet.
Or did I spent the money on the wrong kit and have to get the not so good first gen RX-78 MG kit
CAll me all the names you want. it's a bad question I know, I just need someone else to tell me what i may already know

thanks
clifton
Heavyarms custom would be an unstopable killing machine if the damn thing never ran out of bullets!!!!!

December 07, 2006, 11:08:50 AM
Reply #1

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • FFF Staff
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
The ver 1.5 is not compatible with ver 1 (crystal or no crystal).  I hope this answers your question (or confirms your answer).

December 07, 2006, 11:11:52 AM
Reply #2

zerobxu

• mit Sauerkraut!
  • Information
  • FFF Staff
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    • View Profile
    • Zero: Dumber Than Fiction
The Crystal RX-78-2 is based on the MG RX-78-2 1.0 release--and really doesn't have an "inner frame" to speak of (aside from the torso, backpack, and top of the head). As such, there's probably not going to be a real easy way to make the crystal shell fit over the 1.5 RX-78-2. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would probably require some hefty modification.
"The parrot is the bird that talks the most and flies the worst."
-The Wright Brothers

December 07, 2006, 12:16:28 PM
Reply #3

mrmaigo

• Information
    • View Profile
Quote from: "zerobxu"
I'm not saying it can't be done, but it would probably require some hefty modification.

Hmm, yeah, looking at dalong.net... it would NOT be easy, hell, I'd go as far to say it'd be VERY frigin HARD

December 10, 2006, 02:38:43 AM
Reply #4

heavyarmscustom

• Information
    • View Profile
hey guy's
I figured as much. oh well at least i'll have a an extra 78 to kitbash
thanks for the info
clifton
Heavyarms custom would be an unstopable killing machine if the damn thing never ran out of bullets!!!!!