Author Topic: G-System - 1/72 RX-93 Hi-Nu  (Read 9424 times)

January 10, 2012, 12:22:38 AM
Read 9424 times

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mtomczek.com
This fantastic kit is the 1/72 G-System RX-93 Hi-Nu Perfect Grade Strike conversion. This was a commission project that was started in early 2011 as a “mental health” break from the 1/35 Gp03 Stamen. The project came to a halt in early June when I had found out that my younger brother was diagnosed with cancer. I finally got back into working on it in about August, and finished up the last tiny bit before Christmas. The entire project was pretty much complete around October, all that was left was the shield. Going back and forth between San Francisco and New York almost every other weekend for 5 months left little to know time to really work on much.

The kit uses most of the internal frame and most of the arms from the PG Strike, but the rest is discarded. The conversion is very well thought out, and really utilizes the inner frame quite well. Leaving all of the articulation in tact (weight issues aside) it can hold most poses if you are patient with it.

Over all the build was really straight forward, with minimal fitment issues, and basic clean up. The kit includes a ton of metal parts and photo-etch which really help to draw attention to the already awesome kit.

Paint is all Mr.Color lacquers as usual, with Mr. Super Metallic Iron being used for the internals.

January 10, 2012, 12:57:31 AM
Reply #1

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Wow! Really nice dude! I love the colour scheme.

Another stellar build  :-)
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

January 10, 2012, 07:31:12 AM
Reply #2

mvm3897

• Polish Wan-A-Be Modeler!
  • Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
    • www.mrozekphoto.com
AHHHHHH My favorite Hi-Nu Design.  Love the colors Matt.  Nice choice on the grey over white.  This thing just has so many details it takes a long time to take it in.  I snapped mine a few years ago and like you said the engineering is spectacular.  The resin just snaps right on.  Another great job.
SNIFFING RESIN DUST IS FUN!!!!!!

January 10, 2012, 07:42:28 AM
Reply #3

Kane82

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Korewa Gundam!
Ah, outstanding Boss!  I The darker colors on the Hi-Nu is a nice touch, you don't see that so often.  Glad you're back!
Building Gundam Kits since 1995

January 10, 2012, 08:12:21 AM
Reply #4

ahaiko

• Information
    • View Profile
As everybody said, the color scheme is great. Top notch painted, as usual. Quick question - what color did you use for the interior of the thrusters? I really like the way they look.

January 10, 2012, 08:22:24 AM
Reply #5

tmajor

• Information
    • View Profile
    • tmgd
The colour scheme is great. Much more menacing than the white/blue version and the orange adds a nice highlight.

Excellent.

January 10, 2012, 09:13:54 AM
Reply #6

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
As everybody said, the color scheme is great. Top notch painted, as usual. Quick question - what color did you use for the interior of the thrusters? I really like the way they look.

The interior of the thrusters is Mr. Color clear orange over the aluminum. I primed the metal parts first with Mr. Metal Primer.

January 10, 2012, 12:09:53 PM
Reply #7

ahaiko

• Information
    • View Profile

[/quote]

The interior of the thrusters is Mr. Color clear orange over the aluminum. I primed the metal parts first with Mr. Metal Primer.
[/quote]

Excellent - thanks!

January 10, 2012, 11:51:08 PM
Reply #8

nico

• Information
    • View Profile
Very nice color scheme original as usual. The Mr metallics give great shiny spots. Does this conversion only needs the frame ? I have a Strike and I like this version of Hi Nu..

January 11, 2012, 12:20:11 AM
Reply #9

mtomczek

• paid by the force
  • Information
    • View Profile
Very nice color scheme original as usual. The Mr metallics give great shiny spots. Does this conversion only needs the frame ? I have a Strike and I like this version of Hi Nu..

It uses most of the internal frame (replaces a few parts on the chest) and some of the outer parts for the arms.

January 11, 2012, 03:20:25 AM
Reply #10

ZLuca

• I can't remember..
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kallamity.com
As usual, your style in completing this kind of stuff, is AMAZING!
Great job!

Luca

January 11, 2012, 04:22:26 AM
Reply #11

Sharkdog

• Premium Blend.
  • Information
  • 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • View Profile
The smoothness of this paintjob is pretty amazing, excellent work!

The colours on the metal parts also look awesome, hard to imagine they've been painted at all :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:22:54 AM by Sharkdog »

January 16, 2012, 02:16:54 PM
Reply #12

MGmodeler

• Information
    • View Profile
    • MGmodeler
I gotta say it again Matt AMAZING WORK!!!!

This will be my first G-System kit as I just couldn't resist it.  I already bought the MG conversion from VP but the details on the G-System conversion were just too much to pass on.  I hope I can do the kit justice as much as you have.  I'm just scared of all the photo-etch peices and how to go about painting and gluing them to the model... :wacko:

It's a good thing that I got the PG Strike at a great price or else I wouldn't have bought the G-System conversion.  Now the Nemo and the GMIII are calling me not to mention the GP04

January 17, 2012, 08:36:35 AM
Reply #13

goodguydan

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm loving the color choices on this kit, they all play off of each other so well. The metallic gold and chrome detail on the rifle look great too.

January 19, 2012, 10:56:58 PM
Reply #14

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
 :twitch:
This is stunning. I don't know weather to love or curse it's magnificence. It's almost too awesome to be allowed.  :D  :razz:
Seriously though, this is probably in my top 3 Matt T favorite builds. Looks awesome. One of my top 3 favorite gundams too.
You have done it more than justice. Out of the park again.
Throw it Hard

January 21, 2012, 10:08:13 AM
Reply #15

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
You did a great job on the kit!!! I like the way you painted the Gundam, I am glad to see that you are back working on your kits.

Again, Great Job!!! :-)
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.