Author Topic: New here with questions  (Read 2879 times)

January 05, 2012, 12:04:13 PM
Read 2879 times

dshavers

• Information
    • View Profile
Hello everyone, i've been an avid lurker here for quite some time, marveling at everyone's work, but I'm finally at a point where I could use some help and advice. I consider myself a pretty average modeler, and I have a project in mind for a friend of mine, who is was just diagnosed with cancer. He's a freak when it comes to the fallout series, and I'm wanting to possibly scratchbuild an eyebot for him. I feel fairly confident about adding the the vents and details, but where i'm stumped is the main visor on the front. Looks like I could possibly kitbash and find a part that looks like a monitor of some sort, but not sure. I'll probably start from either a ping pong ball or something slightly larger. Something in the 54mm range.

Any advice would be very welcomed.

dshavers@pixar.com

January 25, 2012, 10:49:29 PM
Reply #1

Grail

• Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • Site Link
You should just grab a gundam ball and start there. You can kitbash those into a ton of stuff.
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN931412

As for the grill. Just bend it out of small rods and epoxy it. They have all kinds at hobby stores or you can order them from micro mark.
http://www.micromark.com/metal.html
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 10:52:37 PM by Grail »
Throw it Hard

January 26, 2012, 12:45:25 PM
Reply #2

clee-cm

• Tilluminati.com
  • Information
  • nobody said it was going to be easy...
    • View Profile
    • digitalblend-cl
I agree, the Gundam Ball is a good starting point for your kit, if you are looking for parts to decorate your model you should checkout a store that sells parts to make computer motherboards and electronic component.
Order custom printed t-shirts at tilluminati.