Author Topic: Deunan Knute  (Read 1600 times)

May 12, 2009, 07:02:46 PM
Read 1600 times

robofreak

• Information
    • View Profile
Well, part of my 3 kit thread of insanity is done. Today, I present Deunan Knute. Everything was handpainted apart from the blue base and the flesh.

The base isn't the greatest thing in the world, but that's because I didn't feel like spending a whole lot of time on something that's only temporary. I plan on getting a Briarieos one day and having them both on the same base when that day comes.

Enjoy!

May 12, 2009, 07:31:27 PM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
It's rather flat don't you think? No shading and such. Check this article as it might help you with shading. It's for painting figs with oils, but it'll give you the gyst of what you need to do regardless of medium. What you're calling done, I'd call a base-color-layer for oils or other shading techniques. It definitely needs more pronounced highlights and shadows.

May 12, 2009, 07:36:26 PM
Reply #2

robofreak

• Information
    • View Profile
For some reason, the shadows didn't show up in the pics. I'm going to mess with it tomorrow and fix the problem. I think the pastels were a little too close to the base color and the flash knocked it out.

I'm going to fix it up and post new pics as soon as I can.

EDIT: I found the problem, I didn't noice when I was taking pics, but the flat coat I used killed the shadow. :pirate: It will be fixed soon. :pirate: :pirate: :pirate2:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:02:05 PM by robofreak »