Author Topic: Zaku II 1/144 (HG Bandai)  (Read 1693 times)

June 01, 2009, 06:27:27 PM
Read 1693 times

kit556

• Information
    • View Profile
= Zaku II 1/144  (HG Bandai)

Hello everybody ,this is my first time on this site. I started gunpla modeling for a year and now I need some comment for my finished model from gunpla expertise. My native language is not English ,please forgive for my gramatic mistake. :-)

I bought this Zaku II model from local department store near my home last 5 years. It was bundle with RX79G ,two model in on box. I am nearly therw away this model after It was painted with serveral layer for my practice. Lucky, I decide in the last minute to revive this model.

Color scheme is inspired from last month hobby japan cover ,painted and weathered in military-look which is my favourite way.

--------------------
Front view with little tilt-up for human-view like. Magnetic chain-mine is modified from panzer wheels. :-)

with N-scale model

gorilla-like view. :-)

oblique views

Thruster is painted with gunze-silver color, other parts was painted and finished with flat lacquer.

Power-pipeline was modified by ornament bead.

Last picture ,every criticism are very precise for me. I will try my improvement with every comment.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
my work process

= modification and detailing
Power pipeline was applied from bead ,eye from peg and cover with trasparent plastic sheet (cut from mom-birthday cake box).

Arms and legs was detailed up with round nut ,hexagon nut and some little plaplate.

Shoulder shield was textured with tamiya putty.

= priming with spray can plastic primer

= preshading

Preshading along panel line ,deeper area with 0.2 mm. needle airbrush ,thinned with extra amount of thinner than usual and low pressure air flow.

= base color

Light green area was painted with Olive drab ,Dark green with Russain green (with little black) and joint part with german grey.

= rain mark

Fading in vertical line for mimic rain mark was done by 95% thinned Tamiy acrylic color brush for serveral random thick straight line.

= wash with red brown and chip with redbrown and grey Enamel

Thank-you for your attentive! Any comments ,pro or con ,are very worthy to me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 05:39:48 PM by kit556 »

June 02, 2009, 12:45:02 AM
Reply #1

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
It has this very rustic feel of it. Nice.

June 02, 2009, 07:09:46 AM
Reply #2

kit556

• Information
    • View Profile
Thank your ,sentinel011 ,for your attentive  :-).
My friend retouchs one picture with funny look.

June 02, 2009, 09:03:41 AM
Reply #3

DrDazzle

• back to formula?
  • Information
    • View Profile
Very 08th team, which is good seeing as how this is where the kit originated. Good work on the weathering/shading, its appropriate and not overdone.