Author Topic: Fine Moulds Y-Wing  (Read 6454 times)

January 05, 2009, 02:37:48 AM
Read 6454 times

anpwilder

• Information
  • Reporter At Large
    • View Profile
Hello

My mane is Adam Wilder and I have been very active in Armour Modelling for the past 15 years. Recently I have developed a love for sci-fi fantasy modelling.

Attached to this posting is a project I finished for my company MIG Productions about a month ago. It is the Fine Moulds Y-Wing. This is my first spaceship. Please go easy on me. I still have much to learn about these subjects. I will be doing more of these in the future. I have been publishing Armour models for about eight years now. This was a fresh change and I plan on doing more Sci-fi as you are only limited only by your imagination.

I was referred to starshipmodeler.com by a close modelling contact Michael Fichtenmayer. In the amour modelling world I am involved in a number of forums. I have been told that this is one of the good ones. Could some of you also help me by providing the links to a few other important forums in the Fantasy Sci-fi modelling world?

Letís give a big applause to my friend MIG Jimenez for that galactic imposed background in the first image. Well done my friend. Thanks again!!!!!

Have a great evening.

ANPW

January 05, 2009, 03:09:34 AM
Reply #1

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Welcome!
Beautiful painting, the friction effect on the front of the craft, especially on the "thrusters" is stunning. The yellow ring is a nice touch and I really like the choice of the 2 blues.
Ever been tempted to do some robots? :-)

http://maschinenkrueger.com/forum/index.php is a great place for quality sci-fi builds in the Maschinen Krieger universe.

January 05, 2009, 05:42:06 AM
Reply #2

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Thanks for posting this here Adam! It's really one of the best spaceship build-ups I've ever seen. Painting and coloring look fantastic. I think I asked before, but any chance for a step-by-step on this one? There's a few pics in the Fantasy Pigments packaging, but I want more! :lol: This makes me want to expedite my Y-Wing purchase as well as my Millenium Falcon one.

January 05, 2009, 09:11:00 AM
Reply #3

Maschinen Krueger

• Information
  • Ma.K Off!
    • View Profile
    • Krueger's Krieger
Hey, you made it. Welcome Adam. Said it on SSM but again, great piece. Love the colors and the weathering on the nose. You know, MIG should create a line of Fantasy and SciFi pigments. ;)  :lol: Just got mine over the holiday and showed them off to the local sci fi nuts and the local hobby shop took my flyer to carry the line. Everyone was excited and loved the colors, especially the metallic.

EZ, Thanks for the promotion. I've been pestering Adam to build MaK for a while. There may be hope yet.

Mike, I saw the most amazing FM MF this weekend. Holy crap the weathering was tops! Tiny little chips and blaster marks. Little PE everywhere. It would look good next to Adam's Y-Wing.
I wonder about the guy that can sit through a David Lynch movie and say, "I saw that coming."

Krueger's Krieger

January 05, 2009, 12:27:40 PM
Reply #4

decoy

• Information
    • View Profile
So cool, so great!
Bravo, Master!
Predict this to be model of the month\year )))

January 05, 2009, 12:30:49 PM
Reply #5

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com

Mike, I saw the most amazing FM MF this weekend. Holy crap the weathering was tops! Tiny little chips and blaster marks. Little PE everywhere. It would look good next to Adam's Y-Wing.

Pics? Would love to see it. This is one of the better ones if not the best I've seen so far from the FM MF's. http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g54/mktodd/FM%20FALCON/

January 05, 2009, 01:44:19 PM
Reply #6

nico

• Information
    • View Profile
Waow great color schem. And the pics are so nice. bravo

January 05, 2009, 03:28:01 PM
Reply #7

Captain Obvious

• Information
  • Help Editors
    • View Profile
Just excellent.  Please, if you have time, can you go into some detail on your weathering technique (and your impression of these new pigments)?  I'd love to hear how you got such great detail in the hull.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
-Kurt Vonnegut

January 05, 2009, 05:19:02 PM
Reply #8

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
I'm not generally a fan of SW stuff, but this is excellent work. :)  Hope to see more Sci-Fi models from you later!

January 05, 2009, 05:58:39 PM
Reply #9

Major Blah

• Bloody Canadian
  • Information
  • oink!
    • View Profile
    • SquintyEyes
Wow, it's quite a piece of work.  I totally love it, and the CG version makes it all the better!  <saved for wallpaper> hehehe  :lol:

As mentioned, the Ma.K forum is an excellent place for the Ma.K sci-fi universe.  One of my personal all time favorite is ZLuca's 1/100 Z-GOBLIN thread in this forum.  Maybe you've seen this amazing design already??

[Karma +1]  One post and one Karma point, I believe this is the first.  :lol:

January 06, 2009, 11:00:16 AM
Reply #10

ZLuca

• I can't remember..
  • Information
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kallamity.com
Hello Adam!
Glad to see you here and to watch your faboulous skill!
WOOW! The best Y-Wing I've ever seen, heads of engine motors are true piece of work!
I love also weathering and display picture!
Thanks for pigments from me too and hope to see more pics and more of your work here.
Very very inspiring!

Major: Thanks for your credits, I'm glad you liked so much!
Thanks!
Luca
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:27:30 PM by ZLuca »

January 06, 2009, 01:22:35 PM
Reply #11

Maschinen Krueger

• Information
  • Ma.K Off!
    • View Profile
    • Krueger's Krieger
I wonder about the guy that can sit through a David Lynch movie and say, "I saw that coming."

Krueger's Krieger