Author Topic: Gluing Gunpla?  (Read 555 times)

March 04, 2021, 01:42:40 AM
Read 555 times

CanadianGunpla

• Information
    • View Profile
Hello! I am new to these forums and intend to definitely stick around and share my model building/painting/customizing!

I do have a question for anyone into Gunpla or other poseable models. It is difficult to get them to stay in poses as over time the weight of a limb or a wing/accessory starts to bring it down, even to the point where the model itself tips over.
I have started to glue stationary pieces onto it to prevent them from falling off which I do know is normal, however I am wondering where people stand on gluing the moving parts in place to hold a permanent pose.
I look at a lot of pictures of other peoples pieces but it is not usually mentioned how the poses are maintained, and before I start gluing all my Gunpla together I just wanted to reach out.

Excited to get to know the community and see/share in all the art here! I appreciate all input on this subject :) Picture just to show one of my Gunpla to get an idea of what I am trying to pose. Each and every piece moves and is posable, but you will see the issue when it comes to counter weight and pieces moving over time.

March 14, 2021, 12:10:56 PM
Reply #1

blacklotus

• Information
    • View Profile
Try to reinforce the pegs of the kits with superglue and baby powder or superglue with cotton , that will stiffen the joints and help them keep the pose better