Author Topic: Toy Biz Spiderman Diorama  (Read 27379 times)

December 18, 2014, 06:01:37 AM
Reply #40

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Okay, got the web done, used greenstuff for the inner web bits rather than muck about bending wire. Also used some greenstuff to help disguise the joints and blend it all.

Also got the broken ladder bits painted a tarnished black/brown/silver mix, along with a couple of extra bits for some broken rungs.

And then primed and painted my web and got it stuck in place by drilling a couple of holes in the tower then just used 5 minute epoxy

Only things left to do is scratch build my camera and get the ladder a bit more rusted with some pigments and the two broken rungs in place. Getting there!!

Thanks for looking, more soon  :-)
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

January 05, 2015, 06:07:04 AM
Reply #41

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Happy new year! Okay after my christmas break finally got some shed time so I got the camera nailed down

Used some sculpey to make the body only because I dodn't have anything in the spares bins that felt right or looked a good size for the camera body.

And used a detail up metal part from an old scopedog kit for the lense, which is handy as I still have the clear lense part that fits in the end

Primed

And then after spraying it black I painted on some silver details

Then added the lense another clear part for the flash and a little red dot for a sensor, the lense needs a polish when the glue is dry as I used some white tac on a cocktail stick to get it in nicely

Also my mate said he wanted the web to have more of the classic 'spaghetti web' look, so I used some gloss gel medium to add texture and help give a multi strand look

Next up will be final photos as there are only a couple of things left to do

Thanks for looking, more soon :-)
'Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!' ~ Black Dynamite

January 06, 2015, 01:06:27 AM
Reply #42

Will Vale

• Information
    • View Profile
Happy New Year, sorry this has gone so long without a comment. I love the ingenuity going into the whole thing, lots of clever material choices and neat touches.

The new wiggly web line looks very good.

Will

January 06, 2015, 02:48:00 AM
Reply #43

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile
Thanks Will! Thats cool its the usual lots of looks and no talk around here!  :lol:

And yeah Im much happier with the weblines now, they look more webby  :-)

January 09, 2015, 12:00:19 AM
Reply #44

Hunter Rose

• Information
  • aka Grendel
    • View Profile