Author Topic: 1/100 LMHG EVA Unit 02  (Read 7270 times)

May 03, 2008, 11:55:18 AM
Read 7270 times

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs

Hello! ^_^ Just finished this kit. Its pretty much OOTB no major modifications done, only some detailing, a little change on the color scheme and addition of custom decals by Bandai. For the posing... its a bit static because I have to fix the lower arms coz its rubber and i dont want to chip off and mess up the paint job. :embarrased: Comments and suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you! :D

May 03, 2008, 05:08:38 PM
Reply #1

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
This looks fantastic! Love how the shield turned out and the red looks very clean with a nice sheen. One of the best of the 02 kits I've seen done really. So are the colors based on the Rebuild? I have the Rebuild Versions of the 00 and 01 on my shelf to do at some point. Hoping they put out the 02 and 03 soon. How are the decals? I have them as well to use.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 05:24:04 PM by FichtenFoo »

May 03, 2008, 07:05:08 PM
Reply #2

walker

• always expect the maximum
  • Information
    • View Profile
Wow, that looks fantastic! It's so clean--It looks like it was pulled right off the box of the kit. Amazing job.

And yeah, that doesn't look like the standard 02 scheme. Is that from Rebuild? I haven't seen the art for 02 yet (even though I'm a huge Eva fan and working on subbing the first movie. I know, I fail.)

But yeah, I definitely need to get me one of these kits. Great job, again.

Ficht, have you been working on your PG Eva-01 at all?
By the way, say hi to Chris!

May 03, 2008, 09:57:30 PM
Reply #3

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
FF: Thanks a lot FF! really glad you liked it! yes, the scheme was based on the Rebuild version of the Unit 00. the old scheme was a bit boring for me and besides the rebuild scheme is way much cooler! :lol: The decals were great! but you may need some Mark setter and softer on some areas, but i do recommend it! ^_^

walker: thanks bro! yep it was from Rebuild but I only based it from the Unit 00's scheme. I havent seen the Rebuild version of the 02. :embarrased:

May 04, 2008, 12:37:44 AM
Reply #4

Joa

• Joachim Höstlöf
  • Information
    • View Profile
How are the decals? I have them as well to use.

Foo; I used the same decal sheet(s) for my Alpha EVA 01 kit. It's really really nice but I agree with  Mr. Mötley Crue (awesome work on the kit, man!) about the softener necessity.

May 04, 2008, 12:59:08 AM
Reply #5

Kinzaa

• Information
    • View Profile
another one to add to your great works doc :-)...and i also dig the revamp scheme and the damages on the shield is a nice touch sir...(and i know the reason for that, hehehe...but in the end it all turned out as a great contrast to the unit IMHO ;))
utik! putik! putik! Putek k!

May 04, 2008, 08:04:18 AM
Reply #6

Funaka

• W? FTP!
  • Information
  • Help Editors
  • Look into my EYES!!!
    • View Profile
    • Funakatown
Very nice work, paint looks like it was anodized right onto the model! I like the white accents, although IMO there's too much white on the arms compared to the legs, they really stand out. I'm a huge Evangelion fan, but I've avoided these kits out of fear of their rubbery parts. :angry: However, I really love the last picture with the shuttle shield and Lance of Longinus. SWEET! I saved it to my favorite models folder. Can we get some more pics in that pose?

Inspiring!  :D
"I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Please visit Funakatown
Also, see my report on the Bandai Gunpla World Cup 2010

May 04, 2008, 09:00:34 AM
Reply #7

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
Joa: ahahahahahaha! thats a good nick! :lol: I also love your work on the Berserk EVA 01! actually its one of my inspirations while building this kit! ^_^

Kinzaa: hey bro! thanks! yeah, accidents makes way for good things sometimes! :lol:

Funaka: hmm too much white? i dont know, may be because the arms were rubber? or maybe the lighting?:unsure:

here are some more pics as requested by Funaka. ^_^

May 06, 2008, 05:29:33 PM
Reply #8

amurorey

• Information
    • View Profile
Nice finish mate!
Looks very nice indeed...

By the way does this kit in 1/100 scale?
I thought Eva LMHG kits are supposed to be non-scale though I've heard it's around 1/150+~?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 08:13:28 AM by amurorey »

May 06, 2008, 05:57:15 PM
Reply #9

walker

• Information
    • View Profile
Nice finish mate!
Looks very nice indeed...

By the way does this kit in 1/100 scale?
I thought Eva LMHG kits are supposed to be non-scale though I've heard it's around 1/150~?

The problem with Eva kits' "scale" is that they're drawn at varying heights during the show because of animation errors. :P

May 06, 2008, 10:39:46 PM
Reply #10

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
amurorey: thanks a lot man! :D hmmm im not that sure but i think its a 1/100 scale. :-)

May 06, 2008, 11:06:13 PM
Reply #11

walker

• Information
    • View Profile
amurorey: thanks a lot man! :D hmmm im not that sure but i think its a 1/100 scale. :-)

Actually, the EVA kits aren't of any particular scale, or at least aren't noted on the box. If it was a 1/100 scale, it would be over twice the size of a 1/100 Gundam kit, because of how comparatively big the EVAs are. :)

May 07, 2008, 06:52:17 AM
Reply #12

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
An EVA is roughly 40M in height, and the kit is roughly 20cm, so it's about 1/200 scale? Though the box doesn't state any scale for the kit.

May 07, 2008, 09:23:53 AM
Reply #13

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
ok noted! my mistake. ^_^

May 08, 2008, 05:46:19 AM
Reply #14

donovan

• Information
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblog
How did you end up assembling/painting the legs? I'm working on a Unit 01. I'm thinking I'll have to paint the knee joints black. Then assemble and prep the upper and lower legs. Then mask off the knee joints and paint the legs.

Is that what you did?

Thanks,
Donovan

Oh, by the way I love the color scheme, paint, and execution. Very awesome.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:47:50 AM by donovan »

May 08, 2008, 09:48:15 AM
Reply #15

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
donovan: thank you so much! ^_^  well... first, I build/sand and painted the knee joints and masked it (i only used small strips of masking tape for more precision). then I assemble it together with the legs and thighs of the kit. ;) I find it harder assembling the whole leg, thighs and knees before masking it. ^_^ here's a pic! :D

I hope to see your eva01 soon! :-)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 09:56:15 AM by dr_feelgood »

May 09, 2008, 03:26:19 AM
Reply #16

amurorey

• Information
    • View Profile
I did slightly different way with mine.
I assembled/painted all components separately and basically show in the knee joint into the lower legs...
Sure you will need to trim off the pegs as well as the seam line on the lower legs are completely fixed and glued using either super glue or epoxy glue since you basically pull apart the upper opening of the lower leg assembly enough so the knee joint can be pushed into...
[You only get one shot at this method so prep is absolute essential...]

May 12, 2008, 10:45:53 AM
Reply #17

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
whoa! that's very complicated bro! :twitch:

May 12, 2008, 07:31:27 PM
Reply #18

amurorey

• Information
    • View Profile
now come to think of yes it is rather complicated.
However back then I thought that would be easier than masking which was one of my weak points - masking just didn't work out for me... -_-;;

I'd like to take more picture of what I do next time I build the Movie version Eva-01 down the track...